Bose MIE2i fills a niche and sound better then expected
Jul 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

JTAbq

New Head-Fier
I know Bose in general isn't very well received on these forums, but I think there MIE2i is filling a niche others are missing. Let me explain, I have a company vehicle with a stock AM/FM radio that leaves a lot to be desired. I spend a lot of time on the road driving all over the state. I use my personal XM satellite radio for a majority of my listening but I am also on the phone a lot. My go to setup had been Klipsch S4i in one ear for talking on the phone and listening to the radio through the other ear. I don't like or think its safe to have the level of isolation most Iem's provide while driving. I have read on these forums that the MIE2i provide almost no isolation so I purchased a set from Best Buy and used up some RZ Certificates I had. They work exactly like I hoped. I can wear them on both ears, talk on the phone, hear traffic and the satellite radio through them. Additionally, I can listen to music through my iphone, something I didn't want to do with only one earphone before. They are comfortable and stay in place even while turning my head. Sound wise they sound pretty darn good. In addition to my S4i's I also own TF10's, MCPC and my favorites Ie80's they are not giving any of the last 3 a run for the money but they sound better then expected and a whole lot better then the stock speakers in the truck. Don't get me wrong, I love the isolation and wonderful sound from my other IEM's but they are just too isolating for driving or anything else that involves traffic IMHO. It would be nice if other manufactures had some options for good sounding , low isolation, phone & mic controlled headphones. Bose charges a premium for what they are selling but they are the only ones that I know of filling that niche. 

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 12
Glad you like em.

If Bose wasn't doing something right, they would not still be around.

Congrats on your purchase.

Jim

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
Agreed. The Bose IE series fill a niche of quality sound, incredible comfort and very little isolation.

I hope I'm not resurrecting an old thread here.  However, I find this very interesting:  is the Bose the only company offering a 'phone like this?

What I mean is this:  I like my M6 for running, but they are too isolating, and I like my new EarPods that came with my iPhone for sitting around and still being able to hear things, but they fall out with any level of activity.  Is Bose literally the only company making a comfortable, secure product with low isolation?  I keep thinking I like the open/vented design of the new EarPods and I wish they had some kind of memory wire or something.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Sennheiser/Adidas...

Cool.  However, I just read the original EarPod thread (very entertaining sir) and I think I will try the foamie mod first, then get the seen MX580 in the future.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 12
Or maybe these: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-SPORTS-In-Ear-Canal-Headphones/dp/B0094R2HZQ/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

"Sennheiser OCX 685i"  I guess they are brand new?

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #9 of 12
I know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #10 of 12
I know this is very old, but I just got these from Radio Shack on clearance for $40 and love them. I will be using these when I walk to work. I don't like using iem to walk around with all of the traffic. I was using the ear pods with the iPhone but I like these a lot more so far.
Woah, that's a good price; do you know if this is at all radio shack stores? I actually like the signature and comfort of EarPods, are the Bose just as comfortable? And thanks for the heads up.

Sep 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #11 of 12
The MIE2 is much more comfortable than the stock ear buds or pods that come with idevices. I do believe they will have even slightly less isolation though. At $40 they are worth having though.

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #12 of 12
Yes it is at all of the Radio Shack stores. I think they are more comfortable than earpods. Isolation I think is about the same as earpods. Below you can pick find in store.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11508298

Mie2i

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11508299

Users who are viewing this thread

Back