Bose in the 'future'
Aug 5, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #16 of 22
If Bose actually made a good product, I wouldn't have a problem buying it.

Bose has actual engineers and most likely a great lab, plenty of tools and lots of R&D capital. They could make a good product if they wanted to.

Bose should start a high-end subsidiary for the audiophile market. They are capable, and I do think Bose has good industrial design. It might sound lousy, but their products look good. If they made good looking and good sounding products, I'd buy.

Aug 5, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #17 of 22
My family have purchased Acoustmas 18 (or 17 or 16.. i dont know but its 5.1) approximately 3-4 years back... What exactly makes them trash quality performers? Like, I've tested them myself and I thought it was very reasonable for the amount they've paid ($1500)

Aug 5, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #18 of 22
Um, excuse me... but why would Bose need to make an attempt to knock the R10 off its throne, if its products are already the best?

biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #19 of 22
Bose used to make good speakers (very clean sounding, pretty nice soundstage, pretty close to grainless), but they haven't improved at all (probably gone backwards). Why do you think they'd want to improve now?

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #20 of 22
Bose pair nicely with ipods.....All your paying for is the image.

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose should start a high-end subsidiary for the audiophile market. They are capable, and I do think Bose has good industrial design. It might sound lousy, but their products look good. If they made good looking and good sounding products, I'd buy.

I am with you uncle erik, I would buy too, but it got me thinking how funny it would be if bose actually started an actually high-end subsidiary. What would they call it? "Bose... for real"? "Bose+"? "Bose xxtreme (but still buy the other stuff)"?
I don't even want to think of the shockwaves it would send through the mid-think-they-are-hi-fi world; everyone touting their (probably broken) tri-ports might stop and wonder if they were lied to.

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by (gregor) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am with you uncle erik, I would buy too, but it got me thinking how funny it would be if bose actually started an actually high-end subsidiary. What would they call it? "Bose... for real"? "Bose+"? "Bose xxtreme (but still buy the other stuff)"?
I don't even want to think of the shockwaves it would send through the mid-think-they-are-hi-fi world; everyone touting their (probably broken) tri-ports might stop and wonder if they were lied to.

I don't think people would feel a shockwave if it was price in the 10k+ range, similar Sony's ultra high end gear. Most people wouldn't even catch wind, and I'm sure Bose could spin marketing to make their current product line look like an awesome deal via trickle-down from the uber high end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back