Bose IE2 vs Westone 1??
Jun 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jmusic

New Head-Fier
Narrowed my choices t two: Westone 1 and the Bose IE2.  Which one is better, i look for ie's that will bring mostly comfort and that will actually stay in my ear. Thanks

Jun 30, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Bose is a pretty good headphone, But so are the Westones.

Both Big Companies. With good products and warranties.

If I had to choose, I would prolly go Westone, Due to their experience in hearing aids also.

Makes for a well rounded developer.

Good Luck, Jim

Jun 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 7
The IE2's are not really a true IEM. They're held in place by these silicone things that fit snug against the rook of your ear. Isolation is low, and the sound unimpressive and bass-oriented.  Westone will probably give you a better product. 

Jun 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 7
I understand the bose and its negatives, however will the bose fall out of your ear? or will it stay tough? Just asking cause the bose are cheaper for me to attain

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 7
Bose sound quality is not as good as IEM's in their price range generally speaking but they are bad sounding either and they definitely won't fall out of your ears with the wing tips and really are one of the more comfortable earphones you can get. They don't isolate as has been mentioned but while I own other IEM's and headphones I still have the Bose for when I need less isolation and or I want additional comfort.

Hopefully you can get them for less than they retail though.

The Westone one on the other hand would be more isolating as they are a true IEM but if they are the Westone one they will also only have a single BA speaker which will mean they will be rolled off on the high and low end a bit but will have much more detail and speed.

If you use to the buds that come with your player both will likely come across as an upgrade.

Aug 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 7
I understand the bose and its negatives, however will the bose fall out of your ear? or will it stay tough? Just asking cause the bose are cheaper for me to attain

I have right in front of me the original pair of Bose In Ear's and a pair of CX200 Senheisers that I got for 20 bucks from newegg.

The Senn's blow them out of the water -- hands down.

If the new bose sound anything like the last model, you will for sure not be disapointed buying the Senn's.

The CX200 are super compfy and light and don't come out of your ear. They don't bloat and distort bass like the bose do. They are a bit bass heavy (at least the base isn't bloated and flabby like the bose) for my particular taste but they are perfect for the gym instead of using my UE Triple Fi 10s. They for sure are an easier fit than the Triple fi's. I don't have to order comply tips for them cuz they fit so well with the included tips. They get a real good seal and isolate well.

We compared them to my buddy's Shure se210s and they rival'd them. I'd say they are in the same class honestly or close.

If you order them try J&R they still have them for 20 bucks through the weekend. Newegg's sale is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back