Bose ie2 replacement
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bostonburner

New Head-Fier
Ok please don't crusify me but I have to say I loved my ie2's while I had them but they were stolen. There were two very specific reasons I loved them as I live in the city the open design is a necessity when walking in traffic. The second reason is I have an odd shaped ear canal and the stayhear tips are the only tip aside from foam tips that will stay in my ears but Im not the biggest fan of the foam. I was considering a pair of custom iem's but I would prefer something cheaper.

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 9
That doesn't give much info to help make some suggestions.  What music do you listen to, do you need mic/controls, do you like the warmer sound signature that the Bose has or maybe something a bit brighter, do they have to be worn down or can the be over ear designs also?

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 9
I listen to almost everything aside from pop, I mic and controls are not needed but it's ok if the have it. As far as sound goes I would like something with more bass than the Bose but I understand I'm limited with bass because of the open design. I'm indifferent to cord design the behind the ear cord helps keep my shure e2c's in my ears but it's still not enough.

Feb 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 9
I recently went  from boss ie to Shure Se535 and are stunned by how much better the Shure is. I cannot listen to the ie or Beats studio anymore as they sound totally muffled.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 9
I would love to get another pair of shures but they always fall out of my ears so I guess my main need is a pair that will fit my small/odd shaped ear canal, the Bose stayhear tips never fall out of my ears
31k5loHWl2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #8 of 9
Yea i find that every IEM i've tried never fits well for me. They always fall out or I have to constantly adjust. I just deal with the foam tips on my triplefi's and got used to them. I pretty much prefer it now since it forms such a nice seal, which is pretty important if I want any bass at all. Only downside is replacing them.

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #9 of 9
That's a good choice, I really enjoy mine.  They have good detail, punchy bass and a good soundstage for a single balanced armature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back