Bose IE - like IEM's
Sep 27, 2010 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thewalrus0034

New Head-Fier
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of suggestions for IEM's that bore resemblance to Bose's silicon tipped ear buds.  I dislike the standard rubber IEM's for their discomfort as well as cleaning issues, despite the advantages of sound isolation.  I am looking in the $75-150 range.  I would like them to be able to take a lot of abuse as well as have respectable audio quality.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 4
For a bose type of sound, look at the Sennheiser CX300, Skullcandy titan, Rockford Fosgate IEM's, Monster Turbine. Basically, something with elevated bass, warm and smooth mids with recessed treble. IMO the sound quality of these is terrible (Ive only heard the Turbine and Titan though).  But they have a similar sound to Bose. Skullcandy and Monster are know to be easily broken, So I would personally look into the sennheiser.  

Also, most IEM Tips ive seen must have the cylinder shape to achive a seal. You could try foam tips to see if that helps comfort.

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks, I actually prefer a more treble prominent sound myself, but I'd have to say the tips are the big selling point for me.  I'm just surprised there aren't any obvious alternatives to that style.

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 4
What you could do is buy the Bose tips and use those on an IEM that will fit the tips. But honestly that would sound horrible because IEMs need a seal to sound good and isolate. The Bose tips are not designed to isolate. Actually, I think there are companies that make tips for earbuds so they wont fall out of your ears. Dont expect isolation without discomfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back