Bose headphones...overpriced and crappy sound?
May 28, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #106 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by guynbluejeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But what about that headphones magazine report that someone posted? Bose QuietComfort2's (which I have:) came in #1 with their panel of experts.

Gosh, I am soooo confused.

well it's simple, different people have different listening tastes. it's wrong to tar everyone with the same brush.

i love bass, so i don't pick grado headphones for bass, my ultrasones do bass, grado do clarity, yet m any people reccomend grado's for rock music becasue of there bass???

just because we both try the same hedphone, doesn't mena we're looking for thje same thing, or get the same satisfaction out!

May 28, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #109 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2.2gotboost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually bought, and soon returned, the Bose Triport headphones. The sound was OK but for the money I thought the overall build was extremely cheap.

i didn't really feel that way. for all the snagging, steppin and siting on them, they lastest well. but it was just that 2mm bit of plastic that ketp on chipping off that was the main bulk of the problem.

yes it was a bit plasticky, and the wire was showing inside the earcup, but that never bothered me.

people say the Stax SR-001 earphones (which i have) are flimsy, but as long as they work (which they do, very well thankyou very much) that's all i ask.

Jul 6, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #111 of 164
Un-needed bump. do you want to start another month long rant on how bad Bose sucks? Grow up. People, dont continue to bump this, let it die out like it should.

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #113 of 164
To the OP: Yes, overpriced, crappy-sounding, relatively fragile and not even great comfort-wise. And I really, really tried to like them -- because I'm not very happy sticking things in my ears. (But, in comparison, I still love my E500.
frown.gif
)

Now, if I'm not much mistaken, here's the mystery of the century: Why haven't the industry geniuses given us a reasonably priced noise-cancelling device into which we can plug any phones whatever?
blink.gif

PS: Probably, a silly question from one who doesn't know the complexities of the issue. In any case, Head-Fi is my best chance to learn about this.

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #114 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose headphones...overpriced and crappy sound?

Overpriced? -> Yes. At least in my opinion.
Crappy sound? -> Perhaps not crappy. But you can certainly get much better sounding headphones for the money.

Jul 6, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #116 of 164
I think these posts are quite valid and NEED to remain active.

Bose is NOT the company that Dr. Bose started back in the day. Its a far cry from the quality of the classic 901. (For its day.)

I cringe when I see people walking out of a Bose store all in awe of what they just heard.

IMO the only people who like Bose are the ones who, unfortunately, havent had the experience of hearing anything better.

Threads like these serve to convert people one more at time.

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #118 of 164
Quote:

Originally Posted by Champ04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think these posts are quite valid and NEED to remain active.

Bose is NOT the company that Dr. Bose started back in the day. Its a far cry from the quality of the classic 901. (For its day.)

I cringe when I see people walking out of a Bose store all in awe of what they just heard.

IMO the only people who like Bose are the ones who, unfortunately, haven't had the experience of hearing anything better.

Threads like these serve to convert people one more at time.

yet Bose are still found in the some of the most prestigeous cars, and for what it's worth, they hold there price better than others.

a trip to ebay, will see that they are in huge demand. now if they are sooooo bad, ,and people are ignorant then why are they still choosing Bose?

if you're ignorant you're ignorant and you you know better. so why do poeple who don't know better still move to bose? why not sony, or technics or some Yamaha (for audio stuff) or some other well known electronic company? why do they still move to Bose?

having said that, i know you guys in the U.S. have Bose shoved down your throat, apparently, but what about elsewhere in the world.

i went on ebay.co.uk and apart from Sennheiser CX300's the second most popular brand i could see is Bose triport IE's.

so what's happening?

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #119 of 164
Like several other companies, Bose is branded.
Trading off the quality of the past and spending half of that outrageous retail price to market and convince still more consumers.
Its not so much that they just arent as good as other stuff, its that they cost just as much or more.

Like many other things in this world. Marketing works wonders. And like the old statesman said, "If you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it."
American consumers arent so much into finding the best. Tell them what the best is in a flashy way and they'll believe you. (regretably)

Jul 7, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #120 of 164
The TriPorts are very comfortable. Since a car accident, I get tremendous neck/headaches from heavy phones and IEM are just ear mites for me. I use the TriPorts while mowing the lawn or when I need a closed phone. They have a decent sound but I agree on the over-pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back