Bose Headphones (new?)
Jan 22, 2002 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

XXhalberstramXX

100+ Head-Fier
I just went to the mall and i saw (in passing) that Bose has a new pair of headphones out (not the noise cancelling ones). I didn't stop to listen for fear that i'd puke on them and then <shudder> have to buy them.

anyone have any info on these? how much do they cost? how much do they suck? etc...

Jan 22, 2002 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 23
I own them and they rock!

Oh wait, scratch that. I just skimmed your post and saw "noise cancelling". I figured you were refering to Etymotics.

If it blows, it must be Bose!
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2002 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 23
Are you sure it's not meant to be :rolleyes :?
rolleyes.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 22, 2002 at 3:57 PM Post #6 of 23
HUH What are you talking about BOSE Makes some of the best speakers? headphones?

What

maybe the most overpriced and the best at marketing

otherwize they just blow
low powered cheap speakered, particle board vaneered box

and same goes with their headphones

dude you're name is B&W man you should know better

I mean eew even their acclaimed 901's or whatever just sux ass

they are not monitor audio, kef, jamo, etc....
they are like up to par with the same as like paradime or something

krap
alright enough bashing
and I will never dicuss bose again

Jan 22, 2002 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 23
B&W, please search Head-Fi for "Bose" and read, read. Besides not making a good product, they have EXTREMELY QUESTIONABLE business practices.

And yes, I own a pair of the CQ headphones, so I can talk. They color every aspect of the sound. Low "fidelity". No integrity.

I understand there are people who actually like the Bose sound, and I will try not to be a snob about that here, but their philosophy and mine are polar opposites.

Thank God, my eyes and hears have been opened to other options.

Jan 22, 2002 at 4:38 PM Post #9 of 23
Yeah KR... I mean, sheesh, a lot of you have no sense of sarcasm, and end up making fools out of yourselves
tongue.gif
! Should use </sarcasm> tags though or something...

Jan 22, 2002 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 23
LOL ! KR if that's true, then the joke's on me! The reason I believed B&Wman is that I hear this all day long at my work with the Muggles I have to work with. People just don't know the truth about Bose. I bet every 2nd desk at my office has one of those Bose radio thingys they advertise on TV.

(I looked at his profile before I wrote and since he didn't have anything in it, I thought perhaps he was as I was only a few short months ago....lost....lonely....trying to find my ears.)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2002 at 9:03 PM Post #14 of 23
"no highs, no lows, it MUST be bose!"

my father in law bought a bose system (the one with the direct/reflecting cubes and sub). he cranked up one of his elton john cds and indeed it was very peaky with boomy bass (sorry about the audio adjectives, guys). i thought the point of speaker placement was to get as little room reflection as you can.
confused.gif
why does bose think it is a good idea to have drivers pointed everywhichwhere? i also like how bose claims their wave radio is a product of "modern research" when the folded tube technology in it has been around since the thirties.

<sarcasm>BOSE RULEZ CUZ IT SOUNDS L1KE WHOA!!</sarcasm>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back