BOSE Ear Buds
Jul 14, 2005 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

DaHoboFest

Banned
With the new ipod craze, and the ear buds, if Bose were to make ear buds for like $50, I think they would sell like crazy, especially in white. Just a thought, don't know why I am giving Bose ideas to make more overpriced headphones.
etysmile.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 21
what do you think of the name Bose iBud

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
very nice, I think we should sell our idea to Bose.

then they can put,

inspired by input from audiophile forum Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

note changes in quote.

inspired may sound better, and its all about how they sound. ask anyone who has ever heard a bose system....

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
very nice, I think we should sell our idea to Bose.

then they can put,

designed by audiophile forum Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

Okay, but they'd have to sound a hell of a lot better than the Triports...

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #7 of 21
we can also suggest them re-brand Shure or Etmotics by putting a Bose on it, and that will allow them to double the price. In other words, a Bose e5c is price at $1000 that rivals UE-10 pro.

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 21
Of course, they'll have to come in shiny black as well as white. Of course, these will prompt a glut of sales, and returns. As one cannot very well test earbuds in a store, one will have to buy - then try. A dangerous thing when it comes to Bose.

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #9 of 21
Dont mean to ruin your fun guys, but hasnt this gotten a bit old by now?

By all means say no, if thats what the answer it...

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:26 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sumguy_
By all means say no, if thats what the answer it...

nope.

bose is the best, every advert i see for them says so.

i wounder if the bose in-ear nosie blocking&active eliminating headphones will be more comfortable than a set of custom made 'phones. i certanly hope so.

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #14 of 21
I am just wondering out loud if anyone who designs Bose stuff has ever come across Head Fi, I mean they have had to. Late one night come home from work, angry because the probably decent product you designed for the $10 budget Bose gave you turned out to be grossly overpriced and manufactured for the price of a Big Mac. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to come here and see that there are people who actually know what is going on? It would make me want to quit. But then, who knows if Sennheiser would hire the person who made the Triports?

This is in no way defending Bose, just the guy working for them who probably got screwed. Unless he has profit sharing, then he probably doesn't care too much.

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Okay, but they'd have to sound a hell of a lot better than the Triports...

My friend's triports sounded equal to my old senn. mx400. I thought that they would blow away mx400 but I didn't hear much differece between them.

I rather wear a free pair of mx400 than big and clumsy triports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back