Bose bass improvement trick
Apr 1, 2008 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

got any oranges?

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

Was lurking here for a while and finally decided to share this little trick of mine with the community.
Browsing through threads in the headphones section I noticed that the Bose cans have got themselves quite a name here which isn't surprising in light of them being truly technically advanced products built to the highest standards of hifi audio.
The only issue with these headphones seems to be their bass output. This is understandable since the bass quantity is the most important parameter in any audio product evaluation. What can compare with real bassy sound, anyway? Only the sound which has more bass!
This little trick of mine won't require any special skills from you. Nor it will be financially burdening. The only thing you'll need is a Y-shaped splitter cord with one male in and two female outs. You will also need Bose headphones, of course. Two sets. One in- and one on-ear pair.
The rest is simple. Plug both sets into the splitter. Put the in-ear Bose IN, then put the on-ears ON (the order is important, the trick won't work the other way round). Now press PLAY.

Finally, ENJOY THE BASS!!!!!

PS I am not in any way associated with any manufacturer.
Nevertheless I'll be grateful if you mention my nick when you'll be buying your new Bose cans from Apple store

Apr 1, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by got any oranges? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everybody,

Was lurking here for a while and finally decided to share this little trick of mine with the community.
Browsing through threads in the headphones section I noticed that the Bose cans have got themselves quite a name here which isn't surprising in light of them being truly technically advanced products built to the highest standards of hifi audio.
The only issue with these headphones seems to be their bass output. This is understandable since the bass quantity is the most important parameter in any audio product evaluation. What can compare with real bassy sound, anyway? Only the sound which has more bass!
This little trick of mine won't require any special skills from you. Nor it will be financially burdening. The only thing you'll need is a Y-shaped splitter cord with one male in and two female outs. You will also need Bose headphones, of course. Two sets. One in- and one on-ear pair.
The rest is simple. Plug both sets into the splitter. Put the in-ear Bose IN, then put the on-ears ON (the order is important, the trick won't work the other way round). Now press PLAY.

Finally, ENJOY THE BASS!!!!!

PS I am not in any way associated with any manufacturer.
Nevertheless I'll be grateful if you mention my nick when you'll be buying your new Bose cans from Apple store

Please tell me that post was just to get everyone into the April Fools mood....

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please tell me that post was just to get everyone into the April Fools mood....

If it was, im not feelin it

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 31
OMG!!!111 THANKS FOR ADVICE MY BOSE HAS BEEN LACKING BASS AS WELL!! I ALWAYS HANG OUT AT APPLE STORE, MAYBE WE CAN MEET AND EXCANGE BOSE MODS!!!111

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 31
This *still* didn't have quite enough bass to suit me, so I EQ'd up (by +15 db) the 10 to 200 hz region -- now it's perfect!!

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #9 of 31
Another tip for your bose products is what I did.... sell it.

Apr 1, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by centerfold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is everyone laughing I tried it and it is simply AMAZING. I am seriously considering selling my 650's because of this.

I will buy your HD650 for 10$

Apr 1, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #15 of 31
Reading his profile reminds me of Patrick82, as a matter of fact, it probably IS patrick82..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back