Bored with my Hip Hop collection:
Mar 26, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #34 of 58
ill recommend some stuff that i have not seen on this thread so far. go to youtube, search for...

Tonedeff
prolyphic & reanimator
sage francis (this guys not that bad, i guess just not my style)

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #38 of 58
Damn, Pharoahe Monch one is quite rare and hard to find. How much you paid?

Apr 15, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #39 of 58
Did not see this earlier in the thread so better safe than sorry.
I really enjoy most of DJ Muggs beats so i will recommend
DJ Muggs - Soul Assasins 1 + 2.

Apr 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #40 of 58
I'll suggest Illmatic, you probably have it, but if not, it is a fantastic album, same with Biggie's two albums.

Not sure if it will be to your taste, and it is 2 years old, but if you don't have it, I would reccomend Blu & Exile: Below The Heavens. Not sure if that will be to your taste, but in my opinion, it is an excellent album, worth a listen at the very least.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #42 of 58
I don't really like hiphop, but one album I was able to get into over the last year was by Wale. It is a self released mixtape, I think. He is intelligent and has lyrics about things I don't usually associate with hip hop. Plus, he uses the word "loquacious" in a song, which I think is great.

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really like hiphop, but one album I was able to get into over the last year was by Wale. It is a self released mixtape, I think. He is intelligent and has lyrics about things I don't usually associate with hip hop. Plus, he uses the word "loquacious" in a song, which I think is great.

If you like him, you might want to check out some of the other suggestions in this discussion. He is good, but there are plenty of other Hip-Hop artists who can match, or surpass him, either in terms of intelligence or unique subject matter.

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll suggest Illmatic, you probably have it, but if not, it is a fantastic album, same with Biggie's two albums.

Not sure if it will be to your taste, and it is 2 years old, but if you don't have it, I would reccomend Blu & Exile: Below The Heavens. Not sure if that will be to your taste, but in my opinion, it is an excellent album, worth a listen at the very least.

X2
Yes Blu is a very good producer.

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #45 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by berthoud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try:

Deltron 3030

x2. I thought I was pretty much the only person who loved this crew/album in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back