Bored of my music...
May 10, 2003 at 9:08 AM Post #32 of 45
Moving away from your list towards something new and a little more organic...

Kate Rusby's Little Lights, Ten
Hem's I'm Talking With My Mouth, Rabbit Songs
Wilco's Being There, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Mermaid Ave
Gillian Welch's Time (The Revelator)
John Fahey's God, Time & Causality, Let Go
Lucinda Williams' Car Wheels On A Gravel Road, Essence
Steve Earle & Del McCoury Band's The Mountain
Anything by Strong Bad

May 10, 2003 at 9:29 AM Post #33 of 45
OK here's what you should do...

Get...

Stooge's RAW POWER (the new Iggy Remix, not the old Bowie deal)

MC5's BABES IN ARMS

The Sea and The Cake's THE BIZ and THE FAWN

Yo La Tengo's AND NOTHING TURNED ITSELF INSIDE OUT and SUMMER SUN

Vladislav Delay's MULTILA

Pole's POLE 2 and POLE 3

Lot's of 80's to early 90's COCTEAU TWINS

Coil's BLACK LIGHT DISTRICT

Kate Bush's HOUNDS OF LOVE.

Joni Mithchell's HIJRA

That shoud keep you interested for a while.

May 12, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Doug W.
OK here's what you should do...

Get...

Stooge's RAW POWER (the new Iggy Remix, not the old Bowie deal)

what? the fuzzed out production is what made that album. i realise this is an audiophile board, but sometimes fuzz is better than clarity. the remix sucks more **** than elton john after a month of celibacy.

May 12, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #36 of 45
LOL!!! Man.. that's mean.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #37 of 45
alright guys, lets not attack each other's musical tastes...

i think ill actually have some time and money to go buy/check out (library) some of these cds this week. damn, you guys have given me a whole range of suggestions, thanks.

it turns out my roommate has Queens of the Stone Age, so Ill borrow his...I can't stop listening to No One Knows, havent since it came out...but somehow managed to not get the album. White Stripes' Elephant is on my hit list too.

if anyone has any other brilliant suggestions, I've definitely more into rock lately, from classic to accoustic to...pumpkins. Zwan, AIC unplugged, Nirvana have all been playing a ton lately. I guess recently I'm into music that will allow my headphones to really shine, so anything with detailed guitar work would make me happy
biggrin.gif

i'm going to have to print this page out again, so many good suggestions. thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2003 at 6:48 PM Post #38 of 45
Here are a few of my more laid-back acoustic guitar picks:

Keller Williams - Laugh
This is just a fun album with some quirky lyrics and some great guitar work along the lines of Phish or the String Cheese Incident (actually, Keller Williams has worked with String Cheese Incident before). KFOG had Keller Williams come in for a live from the archives session not too long ago, and the set he did in studio was pretty great. Unfortunately, I can't find a copy of that, so here is the album from which he took most of those songs.

Tim Reynolds - Stream
I first got hip to Tim Reynolds from the concert he did with Dave Matthews. He just is a terrific guitarist.

The Guitar Collection (A Chesky Records Compilation)
This is a little sampler from Chesky Records that gives you about 15 tracks of wonderfully recorded guitar music from all influences of the world.

May 13, 2003 at 5:20 PM Post #39 of 45
With respect to Manu Chao`s "Esperanza", which is listed as one of the albums you don`t care about anymore, you realy have to hear his live album "Radio Bemba Sondsystem" before you die.

Regular album versions are rearranged and played in furious mix of old Mano Negra stuff and Manu`s solo work. A real stormer.

May 14, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #41 of 45
miroslav - thanks man! ill try to find a copy of it. im listening to Esp. right now...

Firelancer, please send me a list. PM or EM works, or you can post here
biggrin.gif

this is the thread that just keeps on giving. you guys are a great help, thanks! i cant wait for my White Stripes cd to finally get here...

May 15, 2003 at 7:42 AM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Firelancer
Do you like trip-hop, electronic and breakbeat-like music? I can name some GrEaT albums if you like...
biggrin.gif

I say post. This may be nanahachi's thread, but we're all reading.

May 15, 2003 at 9:14 AM Post #43 of 45
If you like Blackalicious's positive trip, make sure to check out Mos Def's "Black Star", and Arrested Development's "3 Years, 5 Months and 2 days in the Life of..."

Electronica, perhaps DJ Keoki's "Disco Death Race 2000" I haven't listened to it in a while, but I loved to drive to his mix of Dub Funkster's "Get off the Street" - I actually tracked down an LP of this song (12" single maybe?) though the deal never went through... But if anyone has the vinyl of this, let me know...
I also really like Hybrid's "Wide Angle"

TA

I like how this thread is going. Its not like everyone necessarily recommends their favorite albums of all time, just good stuff that others should check out. Very fun.

May 15, 2003 at 11:49 AM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
it turns out my roommate has Queens of the Stone Age, so Ill borrow his...I can't stop listening to No One Knows, havent since it came out...but somehow managed to not get the album. White Stripes' Elephant is on my hit list too.

Ever since I saw them live I can't get enough of "Song for the Dead" "First It Giveth" "Song for the Deaf" and "Lost Art of Keeping A Secret (off their last album)"

Their whole CD shines as a good collection of heavy metal, and it's temporarily waddled its way in between my usual dose of Pink Floyd and Miles Davis.

May 15, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
miroslav - thanks man! ill try to find a copy of it. im listening to Esp. right now...

You`re very welcome! I was mourning for months after I saw Manu live with his band last summer for not being able to replay that fantastic gig at home. I even posted a demand for a live release at Manu`s site at that time.
biggrin.gif

Both "Esperanza" and his first solo album "Clandestino" are wonderful for home listening and that is why I was absolutely stunned by the way they upgraded most of the songs for live performances. "Radio Bemba Soundsystem" really touches the soul of every Manu`s admirer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back