Boosteroo $9.99usd @ RadioShack!!!
Nov 23, 2008 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Drag0n

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, its more of an amplified distribution box rather than a headphone amp.....but for what it costs ,it does its job, so for those interested, RadioShack has the Boosteroo on clearance for only $9.99usd.

Maybe have a Fiio vs Boosteroo Showdown?
smily_headphones1.gif

**ADDED: Its the older solid black model with the RadioShack name on it thats being clearanced, NOT the one thats see-through black and says Boosteroo right on it.

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems to have a crappy reputation here.

The "amp" or Radioshack? Or both?
tongue.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 17
Both

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 17
In that case, you did good. :^)

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 17
The Radioshack 3 phone amp was my first headphone amp, and really helped the Shure E4c I owned at the time - it was not really worse than the ipod headphone out, but more powerful. I came to head-fi looking for better, and replaced it with a Tomahawk for $250 my first week here - went from one extreme to the other.
tongue.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #9 of 17
Extreme is putting it mildly. For many of us!

Nov 23, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #10 of 17
So whats the difference between that and the E3/E5?

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Radioshack 3 phone amp was my first headphone amp, and really helped the Shure E4c I owned at the time - it was not really worse than the ipod headphone out, but more powerful. I came to head-fi looking for better, and replaced it with a Tomahawk for $250 my first week here - went from one extreme to the other.
tongue.gif

i can relate to this.. i was actually registered to head-fi looking for some convincing to buy an ipod touch to replace my psp for playing mp3.. and i ended up getting a Dt880, Dt990pro, Skullcandy Ti, LDmk1+, Jena cables, and now planning to get IMod, Vcaps, more Jena cables and a Lisa III... Whyyyy i ask u whyyyyyyyyyy

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:48 PM Post #13 of 17
Its the solid black one thats $9.99, not the one with the Boosteroo name on the front thats transparent black. The older model is being clearanced.

Its more of a 3 person distribution box than an amp.
Really seems to doing nothing wrong. Dont expect it to drive full-sized phones like a headphone amp does........its not a headphone amp. Put an amp after the Boosteroo if thats what you want.
Ill add it to the original post.

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:52 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems to have a crappy reputation here.

Because people want a full blown headphone amp that can compete with a Hornet for $20, and they dont take it for what it actually is.....a powered distribution box.
It has a little bit of power so you can run 3 portable phones from one jack, not 3 Senn 650's to gut wrenching volume levels with slammin tight bass.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #15 of 17
Ok, solid black one now only $3.47!!!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back