Boomphones - the only headphones ever that dont work on cell phones? Static in right ear.
Apr 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

redz

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum but I actually have been on here for months reading up.

Now I know you guys aren't a big fan of the Boomphones, but I don't want a lecture about "you should just get v-moda" or "boomphones are crap"... I returned my Beats Solo's for the Boomphones and made money back, so I'd say I made a pretty good improvement getting rid of the Beats.

Here's the issue though... I just got them in the mail, plugged them into my iphone, and listened to music. The second I hit the Facebook app on my phone, or I got a text message, the right ear cup started giving me static and a ticking noise. 

It seems to only happen when my phone is sending or receiving data, so I'm thinking the reception is creating a sort of feedback.

Is this normal? I looked up reviews and forums and videos for weeks, and not once did I hear about this pretty noticeable and, dare I say, 'unforgiveable' issue.

Apr 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 4
Well it just happened not plugged into my cell phone. So now I'm realizing if theyre anywhere near a cell phone thats sending or recieving data this happens, they don't necessarily have to be plugged in.

This is too weird to be normal on a $150 pair of headphones, even for a pair of headphones you guys wouldn't normally vouch for.

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 4
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Since nobody has any insight, I did some searching so anyone with the same issue will actually find an answer. I dont know why this has never been mentioned in any of their reviews, but I called Boomphones and from one person to another eventually got transferred to a manager.

Apparently, they are working on this issue. The chip in the headphones pick up the frequency of 4G LTE phone services. 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back