Bone Conducting Headphones
Feb 18, 2007 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Any chance anyone can get ahold of a pair of Thanko's Vonia bone conducting headphones and report back? Looks interesting.

thanko_bone_conduction.jpg

Feb 18, 2007 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 23
Looks uncomfortable... I wouldn't want sound conducted through my temples
frown.gif
. In my mind, I can't see how sound would be better this way.

Feb 18, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #5 of 23
Just tried a pair of bone conductors in Tokyo (a different brand) and was pretty unimpressed. They certainly didn't offer any SQ advantages over regular headphones, and they weren't cheap either. IIRC they were over US$100.

Feb 19, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #13 of 23
wonder if this is for bassheads. BTW, you'd really be able to feel the bass if you got implants all the way down to your a**
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
icon10.gif

other then that, I just don't get this concept: how can it improve the sound? Even hard of hearing folks normally are hard of hearing because of a damaged chochlea.
confused.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #14 of 23
These thigns probably work the same way as the Soundbug, which you can stick to windows and things to generate a speaker anywhere. I used to stick mine to my forehead. A rather disconcerting experience when the music seems to come from inside your skull. You also needed a fair bit of pressure for a half decent transmission of sound.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #15 of 23
Just looked up some of the other products Thanko markets.....boy, what a weird company! Their other hits are USB powered heated slippers, eye warmers, and mice. A gold USB hub. I like how the review of it says that it's the "first Thanko products we've ever seen that actually looks valuable".

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/periphera...ort-232228.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back