Bob Dylan Dual-layered SACDs
Jun 9, 2003 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

scottpaul_iu

500+ Head-Fier
Just thought I would some info that Red Trumpet sent out in an e-mail.

Bob Dylan Dual-layered SACDs!

Finally! The release of 15 Dylan classics on SACD begins in late summer! From the seminal Blonde on Blonde to the Grammy-winning Love & Theft, the bard's catalog is well represented. But buying all 15 SACDs at list price would set you back about about $285! So we decided to do something about that!

Right now, when you pre-order Dylan SACDs in a group, you can enjoy substantial savings! Take either Group 1 ($113.99) or Group 2 ($99.99) for a savings of over 25%! Or, for a bigger sonic thrill -- not to mention greater savings -- take all 15 Dylan titles for just $191.99, a price less than $13 per disk and a savings of more than 30%! But hurry... these prices won't last forever.

Dylan SACD Group 1: The Essential Dylan
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Another Side of Bob Dylan
Blonde on Blonde
Bringing It All Back Home
Nashville Skyline
Highway 61 Revisited
Blood on the Tracks
John Wesley Harding

Dylan SACD Group 2: The Connoisseur's Dylan
Slow Train Coming
Street Legal
Planet Waves
Oh Mercy
Infidels
Desire
Love & Theft

Jun 9, 2003 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 6
I can't wait for these! Already have Blonde on Blonde, and I intend to buy all of these:

Bringing It All Back Home
Nashville Skyline
Highway 61 Revisited
Blood on the Tracks
John Wesley Harding

It would also be great if they would re-release the Box Set Biograph on SACD, plus his two most recent releases, then I'd have virtually all the Dylan I need in hi-rez!

Very cool!
cool.gif

Mark

Jun 9, 2003 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 6
LOL, where's Self Portrait?

Seriously, this is great news and this sounds like a great deal. I hope this is a big success that jump-starts SACDs.

It doesn't appear that there will be extra material on any of these SACDs. This may mean that they will release Biograph and the Bootleg Series later on.

Beatles next?

Jun 9, 2003 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 6
More info on the upcoming Dylan SACDs.

Jun 10, 2003 at 4:43 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the heads-up. I've just preordered the whole lot and even with UPS Ground insured for an additional $5.35, the price is right! I guess this means that I'll have a duplicate copy of Blonde on Blonde in SACD, and nearly everything else in redbook. Bob is the man.

Jun 10, 2003 at 9:07 AM Post #6 of 6
I was surprised that "New Morning" wasn't on the list. It's a much better album than a number of those in group #2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back