BNC coaxial cable – better use adapter or change plug?
Dec 25, 2020 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

arjuna93

100+ Head-Fier
My DAC has BNC connector, while all SPDIF converters use RCA. And apparently no one is selling ready-made BNC–RCA coaxial cables. If I get a regular RCA–RCA 75 ohm coaxial and change the plug to BNC on one end, is it a good solution or it will screw up the sound? Or is it better to get BNC–BNC and use it with an adapter on one end?

Dec 27, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't know the answer. What DAC is that? Have you checked pro audio shops rather than hifi? If it is a common need I guess there are adapters and cables available somewhere.

Dec 27, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 6
Dec 27, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 6
Adapters are plenty. Ready-made cables I have seen either cheap no-names whom I do not trust (and well, they look ugly LOL), or extremely expensive hi-end stuff that I can neither afford nor justify anyway.

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Adapters are plenty. Ready-made cables I have seen either cheap no-names whom I do not trust (and well, they look ugly LOL), or extremely expensive hi-end stuff that I can neither afford nor justify anyway.
I just posted some links. It's a house brand of Thomann and you can read reviews posted by customers. I have some of their various cables and they have been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back