BMW 1 Series?
Jul 12, 2003 at 5:56 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
this looks like a nicer version of the mini.. i really want one.. that station wagon rear would be so good for when i go to sams.. and just imagine what would happen when you threw in a few hundred more horses >:] ahahahahaha

Rumor has it an M1 is on the way with 240 turbo horsepower.

Jul 12, 2003 at 8:08 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Gergor
I prefer the BMW scooter.
tongue.gif
I wish this would be available in US...

bmw.jpg

That thing is nasty saw !2! while in Germany, they hate them, I hate them, we all hate them, believe me, a razer scooter with a lawnmower engine and a windsheild is not fun.
600smile.gif

Jul 14, 2003 at 10:11 AM Post #19 of 33
Any hatchback does... they're just not popular American cars. Popular American cars are SUVs and sports cars, plus big-engine sedans like the good Beamers. This is just another one of those slap-a-fancy-name-on-a-crapmobile ideas and I wonder if they'll really sell. The Mini Cooper was a good idea -- bring BMW quality to a British classic in a nice new chassis and put it in the US market. The 1-series is just a crappy hatchback with the label. Not the same!

Jul 14, 2003 at 12:29 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Any hatchback does... they're just not popular American cars. Popular American cars are SUVs and sports cars, plus big-engine sedans like the good Beamers. This is just another one of those slap-a-fancy-name-on-a-crapmobile ideas and I wonder if they'll really sell. The Mini Cooper was a good idea -- bring BMW quality to a British classic in a nice new chassis and put it in the US market. The 1-series is just a crappy hatchback with the label. Not the same!

but what if it drives / handles like BMW, if the weight balance is perfect.....?

Jul 14, 2003 at 12:39 PM Post #21 of 33
Well, if it does, then it does. But somehow I doubt that the checkered circle doesn't add anything to the price -- and even if it didn't, how much do you expect from a $17,000 car? I would expect solid, reliable performance but nothing spectacular.

Jul 14, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #23 of 33
bah, just what we need, more cheap beamers that will sell JUST because they are beamers.

The current low end 3 series is already bad enough. You get a 18 thousand dollar quality car for 30 grand. They break, they suck, they aren't up to par as the rest of the beamer line if you ask me. Yet you see them everywhere JUST because its a BMW, people will buy it.

I have nothing but respect for most BMW vehicles, but they've been putting out some cheaper crap lately just because the marketing team KNOWS people will buy anything with a bmw badge.

With that said, the 7 series and 8 series is a work of art and m3s are budda!

Jul 14, 2003 at 5:41 PM Post #24 of 33
I'd give my left nut for an M3 or M5. Practical cars with serious performance and handling.

I could never see myself in a “look at my penis” car like a Corvette or Porsche. They’re too flashy. But, a de-badged M series BMW or Audi S series are understated enough to be tasteful, they have practical interiors, and kick serious ass.

Jul 14, 2003 at 6:17 PM Post #25 of 33
well.. the corvette is a good buy if you want 27 miles to the gallon with 350 horses and great handling at a reasonable price... a vette.. the new ones anyway.. are not dick cars... they're amazing performance at a sensible price (about $50,000 , right?).. don't dis the vet... i wonder how the ford (so called) f-40 will be (it actually has a 42 inch height).

Jul 14, 2003 at 6:54 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by miroslav
And for an M3 CSL

http://www.fast-autos.net/bmw/bmwm3csl.html

you would give....

wink.gif

My left nut and right hand index finger.

Quote:

a vette.. the new ones anyway.. are not dick cars...

Their styling is still too flashy for me. I don't like being seen behind the wheel of a true sports car. I like "sleepers" over cars with wings and no rear seats.

I really dig the 4-door M5. The interior is pretty roomy. You can fit 4 full size American adults comfortably for a long road trip. It has a real trunk. And, it hauls ass.

A de-badged M5 would be my dream car. If the M badge is removed, only people who recognize the different styling would know it's an M. Other people would just see a sporty looking BMW sedan.

Jul 15, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

And for an M3 CSL

Wow, look at the carbon fiber on the V6, impressive. I'll trade my HD600 for the M3..
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2003 at 11:24 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Wow, look at the carbon fiber on the V6, impressive. I'll trade my HD600 for the M3..
biggrin.gif

Inline 6.

I don't see a clutch. Guess they have one of those F1 / Rally style sequential boxes.

Jul 15, 2003 at 1:03 PM Post #30 of 33
Yep, that is sequence matic gearbox. Reportedly slower than the cluth, but more fun...i guess.

Purk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back