BluRay or HD DVD? Poll
Aug 16, 2007 at 10:34 AM Post #18 of 52
Both. If a movie comes out on both I choose HD-DVD for features, and because audio used to come in better quality on it. lately they've been just features that Blue ray cannot support, and my HD-A1 has been great all this time.

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #19 of 52
I'm not going to support either at this point.
I'll just wait and see if either of the two come out on top and go with that. If both continue strong, I'll just get a combo drive and select titles from both sides based on comparisons on the net on which one seems better.

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #20 of 52
At this time, both. In the future, who knows? At the moment, there's neither a HD-DVD nor a Blu-Ray player in this house. Waiting for the hybrids to be released and go down in price.

Aug 16, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #21 of 52
I really dont think that both of them will just fail in the end... there's a growing market for HD televisions. And as a result, it only makes sense that there will also be a growing demand for HD movies and players. Personally, I think Sony is doing a better job than Microsoft of getting their product out there. Whether it be from commercials or just simply having better, more easily seen displays at BestBuy or what not. I've just come into contact with a lot more Bluray than HD-DVD. From a regular consumer standpoint, I would probably buy Bluray if I were in the market for a HD player because I've simply had more of an impression made upon me that it's better.

Aug 16, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It Just Sounds Cooler

Silly , but I agree. BluRay.

Aug 16, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #23 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerGenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Silly , but I agree. BluRay.

That's a valid point to me. I want to know how much the marketing geniuses were paid to come up with HD-DVD; way differentiate the product and confuse people guys.

I own a HD-DVD player and prefer the format's current movie selection.

But: "Which HD format will win?"

Blu-Ray

I wouldn't bet the house, but a nice steak dinner is possible.

Aug 16, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #24 of 52
I think Blu Ray

Aug 16, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #25 of 52
another vote for Blu Ray here
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #28 of 52
wasn't there a discussion about this and the Prnography industry? they ended up choosing VHS as their format in the 80's so that played a big part in shutting down Betamax (I still have a working one btw). i forget which format, hd or blueray, they've chosen now, or if they even have chosen one yet

Aug 16, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I think Sony is doing a better job than Microsoft of getting their product out there.

other than backing the format with an addon for the 360 microsoft has nothing to do with HD-DVD... it was developed by Toshiba and NEC

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #30 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wasn't there a discussion about this and the Prnography industry? they ended up choosing VHS as their format in the 80's so that played a big part in shutting down Betamax (I still have a working one btw). i forget which format, hd or blueray, they've chosen now, or if they even have chosen one yet

I am totally against **** for the record. I did see an article stating the first hd **** disc will be available on both formats soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back