Bluetooth headphones around 200 euros
Dec 22, 2023 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

carcayu

New Head-Fier
Hello all!

I'm seeking a recommendation for Bluetooth headphones, now that Bluetooth audio compression technology has improved.

Currently, I use Momentum over-the-ear headphones for outdoor use and HD 598 headphones at home. I am looking to replace the outdoor ones for three reasons:

I prefer headphones that go around my ears.
I would like them to have a more comfortable folding mechanism (similar to those with a headband connection that allows the left and right sides to be in parallel—I hope I understand this correctly).
I want no cable (or optional cable better), mainly because I have come to appreciate the convenience of wireless use. Over time, I've encountered issues with the jack on my mobile device accumulating dirt, leading to connection problems despite my efforts to clean it.

I have a preference for headphones that do not overly color the sound, with a relatively wide soundstage and that preserve all details. I listen to a variety of music genres, especially alternative music from both the past and present, like The Velvet Underground, Bowie, Joy Division, Mogwai, Flaming Lips, Yo La Tengo, Spiritualized or Low.

While I wouldn't mind having active noise cancellation, it's not a strict requirement.

Options I've considered after some researching are the Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2, Fiio EH3NC, Edifier S3, Hifiman Deva Pro and Sony WH1000XM4, but I'm open to other suggestions.

My budget is around 200 euros, although I can go slightly higher.

Thanks in advance and merry christmas to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back