Bluesound Node - New 2021 model!!
May 28, 2021 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 212

Chibs

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I got my node early and made a quick unbox video.
My first Youtube video too so go easy on me! :L3000:
Going to set everything up and start work on the full review. If there's anything specific you may want to know, tell me here or in the vid's comment section. I'll be happy to oblige as long as it's something I have the capacity to do. Keep in mind, I have not had past Bluesound nodes or any dedicated streaming device for that matter. This was primarily bought out of desperation with the problems streaming from my PC / Mac. Will get into that more in the review.

Video here!

:k701smile::darthsmile::beyersmile:
Chibs

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 212
Looks good in white too, good video Chibs.
Interested in your opinion on the Node.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #6 of 212
Hey guys,
I got my node early and made a quick unbox video.
My first Youtube video too so go easy on me! :L3000:
Going to set everything up and start work on the full review. If there's anything specific you may want to know, tell me here or in the vid's comment section. I'll be happy to oblige as long as it's something I have the capacity to do. Keep in mind, I have not had past Bluesound nodes or any dedicated streaming device for that matter. This was primarily bought out of desperation with the problems streaming from my PC / Mac. Will get into that more in the review.

Video here!

:k701smile::darthsmile::beyersmile:
Chibs
Saw your video the other day, looking forward to your thoughts on how it sounds as I'm thinking of getting one when they become available in the UK.

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #7 of 212
Is the new USB out not working yet? Will it be a feature added with later FW?

This was the only reason why upgraded from the 2i, but I can't get the USB out to work.

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #8 of 212
Is the new USB out not working yet? Will it be a feature added with later FW?

This was the only reason why upgraded from the 2i, but I can't get the USB out to work.
When the new Bluesound Node was introduced the company stated that the USB output would not be functional when released, and will be activated via a firmware update expected later in the year.

Jun 10, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 212
When the new Bluesound Node was introduced the company stated that the USB output would not be functional when released, and will be activated via a firmware update expected later in the year.

Thanks. Yeah i did some reading and found that out. It's stated in the manual as well. I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Just like its predecessor, it works so well out of the box.

Jun 10, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #10 of 212
Thanks. Yeah i did some reading and found that out. It's stated in the manual as well. I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Just like its predecessor, it works so well out of the box.
Audiobill beat me to it. Yea, I tried USB to see if it worked and not so much.
Running it through Coax and sounds amazing. Once they update that feature, It will be great for those that only have USB as an option. Almost finished my review! Wanted to give it sufficient time to test everything + so much work goes into a review! Respect for those that churn these out all the time. Having fun though :darthsmile:

Chibs

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #12 of 212
I have a portable USB hard drive with all my CD that I was hoping to plug into the back. But since the USB doesn't work it seems like this unit wouldn't do anything for me. Is that correct
The node will accept a usb input for usb drives and hard drives, its that the usb will after a future firmware update act as an output to a usb dac.

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #13 of 212
Saw this comment on this guys YouTube review of the new node.
20210617_161719.jpg

Jul 16, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #14 of 212
Looking forward to what you think about the Node. I’ve been thinking about picking one up
I just received the new 2021 Node. My use case is purely for Radio Paradise MQA streams. Have three of them on presets. Using IEMs and headphones via the 3.5mm port on the front. Headphones output to a Romi amp (3.5 to 3.5) and amp output via 4.4mm balanced to headphones (Focal Radiance and HD820. So far quite please with sound quality. Will be upgrading ethernet and 3.5mm patch cable next week.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #15 of 212
I have the Node 2i paired with my Belles Aria and Vandersteen Floorstanders+Subs and really like it. Do you guys think the new 2021 Node is worth the upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back