Bluesound Node - New 2021 model!!
Jul 19, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 212
I just received the new 2021 Node. My use case is purely for Radio Paradise MQA streams. Have three of them on presets. Using IEMs and headphones via the 3.5mm port on the front. Headphones output to a Romi amp (3.5 to 3.5) and amp output via 4.4mm balanced to headphones (Focal Radiance and HD820. So far quite please with sound quality. Will be upgrading ethernet and 3.5mm patch cable next week.
Today I added the Cardas Audio patch cable and a Supra Cat 8+ ethernet cable to the setup. So now just sitting back to enjoy.

Sep 3, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #17 of 212
Hey
So I finally finished my review of the Bluesound Node. It took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than I thought but I learnt a tone in the process.
Here it is!! :darthsmile:

It says it's still processing the "HD version" so may not yet work in 4k.
Thanks for looking!!! :L3000::L3000:

Chibs

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #19 of 212
Would love to hear how it sounds used as a streamer dac compared to using it as a streamer fed to a mid range dac like a Bifrost 2 or something similar
Wonderful sounding streaming Radio Paradise MQA out via 3.5mm port to my Romi Audio BX-2 Plus amp then out the 4.4mm balanced port of the Romi to my HD 820 and Focal Radience cans. Also great sounding using Bluetooth out to my Shanling UP5 then out thru the 4.4mm balanced port to my 64Audio Tio IEM.

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #20 of 212
Would love to hear how it sounds used as a streamer dac compared to using it as a streamer fed to a mid range dac like a Bifrost 2 or something similar
My r2r Dac sounded better but I never tried it against my Gustard x16. Don't have a Bifrost 2 so I'm not sure if that particular comparison would help much.
Chibs

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #21 of 212
Wonderful sounding streaming Radio Paradise MQA out via 3.5mm port to my Romi Audio BX-2 Plus amp then out the 4.4mm balanced port of the Romi to my HD 820 and Focal Radience cans. Also great sounding using Bluetooth out to my Shanling UP5 then out thru the 4.4mm balanced port to my 64Audio Tio IEM.
So you are using the headphone out? Have they improved that in the new version? I was pretty disappointed with the headphone jack on the Node 2i and it almost seemed like an afterthought. I recall it was very noisy using my SE846 and sounded awful. I ended up buying a few DAC/Amps to use with the Node 2i and evenntually ended up settling for the RME ADI-2 DAC FS (via coax). Think it sounds great but had really wanted to keep the setup as simple as possible due to space limitations.

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #24 of 212
So you are using the headphone out? Have they improved that in the new version? I was pretty disappointed with the headphone jack on the Node 2i and it almost seemed like an afterthought. I recall it was very noisy using my SE846 and sounded awful. I ended up buying a few DAC/Amps to use with the Node 2i and evenntually ended up settling for the RME ADI-2 DAC FS (via coax). Think it sounds great but had really wanted to keep the setup as simple as possible due to space limitations.
Yes headphone out "3.5mm port". Don't have the older Node to compare to.

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #25 of 212
I got mine a few weeks ago and I love it. But I'm having a problem with the HDMI ARC input to my TV. It works just fine, but every time I start it up I have to unplug and replug the HDMI to get it to kick in. Anyone else having this issue? Do you think it's just my TV?

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #27 of 212
Hello,
which coax cable for my Node and Ares II ?

regards,
Simon
I am currently using an Audioquest Carbon coax cable between my Node 2i and RME ADI-2 DAC. I also like Blue Jeans Cable and was using one of my Belden 1694A coax cables that I had but changed it out for the AQ cable because there wasn't enough room between my Node and the wall so I didnt want to put too much stress on the Node's jacks. I like both cables and use them interchangeably on different setups. I honestly dont think there is any audible difference so any decent coax cable should be fine.

Sep 6, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #28 of 212
I got one of these and my intention is to use the USB out to feed a MAC in which I would be handling bass management and room correction. The 2 stereo channels would be copied to 4/6 channels with the extra channels powering subs either dual or quad subs. I hope this will work.

Oct 25, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #30 of 212
I ordered a iFi Zen Stream too since I read and heard it sounds better, but the buttons are convenient.

Attachments

• 78795D71-00A4-4675-B2AE-B2E38A6F1167.jpeg
    78795D71-00A4-4675-B2AE-B2E38A6F1167.jpeg
    648.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back