Blues traveler (Four)
Jan 8, 2007 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eddystoner

Head-Fier
I dont know about anyone else, but this CD is well done IMO.

Getting ready to MP3/listen to John Popper Zygote, I enjoy Poppers voice for some reason.

Jan 8, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 6
Four is well-recorded, but I actually much prefer Bridge (which is at least as well recorded, IMHO). Four was a little bit overplayed, and I think the songwriting is stronger on Bridge.

Truth Be Told is pretty brilliant, too... although most accessible if you have recent heartbreak in your life.

Jan 8, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 6
I've always liked Blues Traveller but have never owned any of their albulms for some reason. Any comments on their debut self titled albulm from 1990, or the live albulm (Live on the Rocks) from 2004?

Jan 10, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 6
Any fan of John Popper should check out Sugar Blue's recordings or live shows.

Jan 10, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always liked Blues Traveller but have never owned any of their albulms for some reason. Any comments on their debut self titled albulm from 1990, or the live albulm (Live on the Rocks) from 2004?

I haven't heard Live on the Rocks yet, I should go pick up a copy of that. I prefer their newer stuff to the early music just because I'm not that big of a fan of long jams, and the earlier albums tend towards long instrumental passages and harmonica solos. I think the songwriting and especially the lyrics have gotten better, starting with Four (although there are some standout tracks from the earlier albums, too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back