Bluegrass Music?
May 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

robrichards

New Head-Fier
Bluegrass music is a musical form that incorporates elements of country, folk, jazz, and blues, and it is usually played on acoustic stringed instruments. Though it is influenced by Scottish and Irish folk music, it is a distinctly American form. The name "bluegrass" comes from the band name, the Blue Grass Boys, whose singer, Bill Monroe, is often considered the founder of this musical genre.

May 4, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #3 of 6
Aw man, I was hoping this was actually going to be a thread with bluegrass. Just a spam bot.

Oh well.

May 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #4 of 6
It could be made into a thread...

My faves

Trad  - Del McCoury, Mac Wiseman, Doyle Lawson, Blue Highway, Lonesome River Band, Audie Blaylock, Bluegrass Etc, Bobby Hicks, Hot Rize,Don Rigsby, The Gibson Brothers, Grasstowne, J.D. Crowe and the New South, John Reischman and the Jaybirds, Justin Moses, Kanes River, Kenny Baker, King Wilkie, Laurie Lewis, Longview, Lost & Found, Lou Ried & Carolina, Mark O'Connor, Marty Raybon, Mike Compton, Bryan Sutton, Michael Cleveland and Flamekeeper, Mountain Heart, Peter Rowan, The Rice Brothers (Tony, Wyatt), Ronnie Bowman, Shawn Camp, Sierra Hull, Jr. Sisk, Steep Canyon Rangers,Tina Adair, Town Mountain, 

Modern - Infamous Stringdusters, Cadillac Sky, The Punch Brothers, The Deadly Gentlemen, Black Prairie, Casey Driessen, Crooked Still, David Grisman, Psychograss, Hickory Project, Kruger Brothers, Matt Flinner, Nickel Creek, Sarah Jarosz, Sean and Sara Watkins, Tony Trischka,

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Bumpage...

I'd also add old crow medicine show, the earls of leicester, Carolina chocolate drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back