Blue Microphones entering Headphone space with Mo-FI
Aug 20, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #32 of 39
We have a release date!  8-26-2014

New email today has a link to another short teaser vid with our pal Jude.  Cannot wait to see and  hear them.  Wonder if they remember my review request.

Aug 26, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #35 of 39
The world greatest Barrette headphone!
smile_phones.gif

Is the headband plastic or metal?

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #38 of 39
Why are these so revolutionary? Amps have been put into headphones before, but they're marketing them like they haven't. I'm thinking Denon and PSB recently, and probably others.
I don't see why it would be a good thing either having all that electrical energy right near your ear... I'd rather have a great dedicated dac/amp be it desktop or portable.

Here's what producer BT is saying (who I respect a lot he has made some brilliant albums - and some less brilliant)
https://twitter.com/BT/status/507317349729722369
"So thank you @mofi for making the most epic pair of headphones on earth. Swear, what ever you're listening on, can't beat these."

Has he never heard of Audeze, Hifiman, Ultrasone, Stax, Beyer or Senn HD800s etc? Or does he seriously think they are superior? OR (most likely option) is he being paid for this PR..

Also - personal opinion obv but although these look like they would be comfy, aesthetically they look horrible.

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #39 of 39
i have a few of the above, not high end but nearly so. these Mo Fi's are good cans. Out of a portable they never seem strained and are very full and balanced. As for the looks, these aren't jecklin floats but admittedly they are different, anyway who cares about the looks? i don't have to look at them just listen to them.
maybe BTs just checking the mix with headphones. I would think monitors would be more appropriate for mixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back