Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
May 24, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #6,106 of 6,129
BLON is more than just BLON.

20230524_154504.jpg

*from z300 booklet.

Jun 8, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #6,107 of 6,129
blon is bl03. other than bl03 for me is not blon. is just the formality of making iem. just routine. too long since 2018 or 19, till now 2023, all brands can make better iems, but blon already 4 years... what are you doing ??? sleep for 4 years or what wkwkkwkw.

different from tin hifi. speaking of tin audio, i can mention many good names : p1, p1 plus, t2, t2 plus, t2 dlc, c2, p1 max. but when asked about bllon, it's only bl03. the rest I've bought: bl05, bl05s, bl01, promotheus, bl07, none of which caught my eye. there is no wow factor. on average, it's only a few days or weeks, then I sell it cheap, because there aren't really any reviewers who are interested in all of the above. the score is only average or below it. since bl07, i have decided never to buy iem blon again, even z300. until many reviewers come back to make good reviews like the previous bl03. tired with blon iems after bl03 hahahahahha. their cant make iem better than bl03 anymore, till now.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #6,108 of 6,129
Z300 delivered. First impressions - good looking IEM-s, medium sized shells with nice matte finish, great cable, overall decent accessories, very smooth sound with boosted bass, but not too engaging. At the moment IMO this is not a successor to the BL-03, but a sidegrade like the Mele. I'll give them some time, but they seem to be a good example of how FR charts don't tell the whole story.

EDIT: Coating is not the best, as I dropped the IEM-s on the tiles and the paint has already chipped off.. Sound is correct, but not engaging like the original BL-03, kinda boring I'd say. Bass is elevated, reasonably fast, doesn't go as deep as in the Mele and it lacks authority, also it doesn't bring as much fun and coloration as the BL-03. The mids are smooth and too polite, the treble inoffensive and quite sparkly. Male vocals are just ok, female sounds better to my ears. Z300 is not detail master, nor tonality and it lacks character. IMO the BL-03 is still the king in BLON portfolio.

ieIbLEI.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #6,109 of 6,129
I wish it came as a hybrid model. There are thousands of models with dynamic drivers on the market, I don't think a dynamic driver model in this price range will have very good resolution. I don't know, it's hard to compete in the $50 band after it's not tuned very well. if it's good i can order one too but i'll wait as i lost a lot of money from the hype train
Edgy transients and boosted uppermids and treble don’t equate to resolution.

Jul 25, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #6,110 of 6,129
I wish it came as a hybrid model. There are thousands of models with dynamic drivers on the market, I don't think a dynamic driver model in this price range will have very good resolution. I don't know, it's hard to compete in the $50 band after it's not tuned very well. if it's good i can order one too but i'll wait as i lost a lot of money from the hype train
Etymotic ER-2 series has excellent resolution for a single dynamic driver, and is around $100. I’m not saying this BLON will achieve that, just that it’s certainly possible to be done with a dynamic driver.

Jul 25, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #6,111 of 6,129
Edgy transients and boosted uppermids and treble don’t equate to resolution.
If I'm paying 50 units in 2023, I wouldn't try anything with low resolution, even if it's good. The bl 03 was a mediocre resolution, but the competition was not so fierce back then that it was a model that stood out with its timbre. I don't think the method in bl 03 will work right now.
Etymotic ER-2 series has excellent resolution for a single dynamic driver, and is around $100. I’m not saying this BLON will achieve that, just that it’s certainly possible to be done with a dynamic driver.
It's not for everyone, it's one of the models I want to try. There are those who hate that model, I have not come across any model in the budget segment that can play very detailed music. I think that these new models are on the market in 2023. These are my personal experiences, maybe the models I tried were not very good, but that's how I think. I haven't tried the er 2s. One of the last models I tried was the kylin he 10 du and it had an average resolution, I remember it being much more detailed with different driver types in a similar price band.

Jul 25, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #6,112 of 6,129
If I'm paying 50 units in 2023, I wouldn't try anything with low resolution, even if it's good. The bl 03 was a mediocre resolution, but the competition was not so fierce back then that it was a model that stood out with its timbre. I don't think the method in bl 03 will work right now.

It's not for everyone, it's one of the models I want to try. There are those who hate that model, I have not come across any model in the budget segment that can play very detailed music. I think that these new models are on the market in 2023. These are my personal experiences, maybe the models I tried were not very good, but that's how I think. I haven't tried the er 2s. One of the last models I tried was the kylin he 10 du and it had an average resolution, I remember it being much more detailed with different driver types in a similar price band.
The reason BA drivers have more apparent detail, is because they edge out the transients and boost the uppermids and treble. This gives a very unnatural shouty quality to the music, but in turn you hear more of everything which some interpret as more detailed (more forceful) and more resolution (boosted clarity regions)

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #6,113 of 6,129
The reason BA drivers have more apparent detail, is because they edge out the transients and boost the uppermids and treble. This gives a very unnatural shouty quality to the music, but in turn you hear more of everything which some interpret as more detailed (more forceful) and more resolution (boosted clarity regions)
So what is the least expensive iem you know of that can *really and truly* handle complex passages (and things like massed choirs) without the slightest lapse into congestion and blur? This i would really like to know..

Jul 25, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #6,114 of 6,129
So what is the least expensive iem you know of that can *really and truly* handle complex passages (and things like massed choirs) without the slightest lapse into congestion and blur? This i would really like to know..
You’d want a cheap IEM with multiple BA drivers for that specific quality, if nothing else is a concern

Jul 26, 2023 at 12:05 AM Post #6,116 of 6,129
What do you think of the Blon x Z JoJo?
They sound interesting based on his description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back