Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Feb 9, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #5,296 of 6,129
You are lucky, mine doesn't fit with anything. Even reversed KZ starline can't achieve good seal.
Cheapos foam tips given as gift make the job but I don't like how they sound...

So my salvation come from old Yamaha EPH100's tips. They are enough long and big to done a good seal !
Have to put some heatshrink tube on nozzle and voilà !

IMG_20210123_173302.jpg
UGH! I've been having the same problem as you, and I had a feeling that those Yamaha tips would be perfect, but they aren't sold separately, and I can't justify buying the Yamaha IEMs just for the tips.

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #5,297 of 6,129
UGH! I've been having the same problem as you, and I had a feeling that those Yamaha tips would be perfect, but they aren't sold separately, and I can't justify buying the Yamaha IEMs just for the tips.

Considerably cheaper, MH755 tips work better with BL03s than MH755s...

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #5,298 of 6,129
Considerably cheaper, MH755 tips work better with BL03s than MH755s...
I like and use Newbee foam tips on my 03, with the stem from one of the supplied silicon tips cut in half as a spacer to elongate the tip from the nozzle. Then, I just slip my Newbee foam over it. The Newbees are a memory foam and conform excellently to my ears. Seal is great and comfort lends to many hours of enjoyable listening.

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #5,299 of 6,129
hello, this is my 1st post in this thread😀 blon 05 is my 1st 'good' dynamic driver iem after trying hybrid trn v90, kz zs10 pro, zsx, fiio fh1s etc.. despite not so good reputation for 05 im pretty happy with this set (pair it with kz aptx hd bluetooth module) for bluetooth convenience, made me realize what a good dynamic driver is...

then buy v.e. bie, even earbuds (jcally ep 05), n too many generic dynamic driver iem to study😁

then bought 05s and become my primary wired listening, then tried 01 blonana😄 liked it even more than 05! but different sound than 05s i guess, dunn have 03 but i read that 01 is similar plus fit my ear no problem,

spend a year reading wth you guys mean about dynamic driver and b.a. sound like, rotating these iem. for a full year and voila🥴 maybe i began to understand their traits, i liked 05s the most among them all🙂 tq 4 all the informative posts!
IMG_20210211_003026-01.jpeg

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #5,300 of 6,129
Finally I have my bl03, I hope I didn't put too much expectations on it! 😅😅

Feb 11, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #5,302 of 6,129
Welllllllllllllllllllllll...? What do you think? Did it live up to the hype?
Its certainly a good one compare to what I have! There is something sweet about those electric guitar, I can't seem to express them in words though.

Feb 12, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #5,303 of 6,129
IMG_20210212_192015.jpg

Unfortunately I got the wrong size, ML instead of L, so they dont quite seal with a shallow insertion. Wonder if this could essentially be the end for my BL-03 otherwise.

Edit: the Sednaearfits appear to make my BL-03 more revealing, less forgiving and more spacious... I wonder if I turned my BL-03 into something else altogether.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #5,304 of 6,129

Unfortunately I got the wrong size, ML instead of L, so they dont quite seal with a shallow insertion. Wonder if this could essentially be the end for my BL-03 otherwise.

Edit: the Sednaearfits appear to make my BL-03 more revealing, less forgiving and more spacious... I wonder if I turned my BL-03 into something else altogether.
More revealing and forgiving: yes, because they're wide bore, PLUS they're pretty long (relatively) so the driver sits a bit farther, and the total effect is decreased bass which means the other frequencies are more emphasized. If you used the regular (instead of light) Azla that effect would be stronger because of the harder bore, which increases tightness (and thus details).

----

I just tried replacing my 03's filter with aftermarket filters. They're sold as Moondrop filters but not from the authorized reseller so I don't know if they're legit. (I bought the one for Spaceship.)

Anyhoo, the size fits the 03 perfectly. The sound isn't too drastic from the original filter. When comparing A/B, I think I heard a more subdued treble which produces a more "mature" sound. I could've sworn there's decreased bass as well but I'm less sure of this.

Does anyone have/save the notorious post detailing how to mod the 03 to get tighter bass? I remember it includes removing something inside with rolled up alcohol swabs or something.. But when I removed the filter on my 03 I couldn't find anything inside to remove.

Anyhoo here's the new filter:
IMG_20210213_131730.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #5,305 of 6,129
More revealing and forgiving: yes, because they're wide bore, PLUS they're pretty long (relatively) so the driver sits a bit farther, and the total effect is decreased bass which means the other frequencies are more emphasized. If you used the regular (instead of light) Azla that effect would be stronger because of the harder bore, which increases tightness (and thus details).

----

I just tried replacing my 03's filter with aftermarket filters. They're sold as Moondrop filters but not from the authorized reseller so I don't know if they're legit. (I bought the one for Spaceship.)

Anyhoo, the size fits the 03 perfectly. The sound isn't too drastic from the original filter. When comparing A/B, I think I heard a more subdued treble which produces a more "mature" sound. I could've sworn there's decreased bass as well but I'm less sure of this.

Does anyone have/save the notorious post detailing how to mod the 03 to get tighter bass? I remember it includes removing something inside with rolled up alcohol swabs or something.. But when I removed the filter on my 03 I couldn't find anything inside to remove.

My other tips are also wide bore, virtually the same size in a side by side. However Im also getting a worse seal presumably due to smaller flange diameter, which I believe would be bigger instead if I didn't recieve an incorrect size...

Edit: It IS possible to get the seal that my other tips give, but it's very finicky. The tradeoff probably being that they are the most comfortable size IF I can get the proper fit.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #5,306 of 6,129

----

IMG_20210213_131730.jpg
Also I guess this is kinda relevant again.
From the blon iem impressions thread:

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #5,308 of 6,129
You are lucky, mine doesn't fit with anything. Even reversed KZ starline can't achieve good seal.
Cheapos foam tips given as gift make the job but I don't like how they sound...

So my salvation come from old Yamaha EPH100's tips. They are enough long and big to done a good seal !
Have to put some heatshrink tube on nozzle and voilà !

Just buy some silicon tubes from Ebay or aliexpress to fix that.
4mm inner diameter and 6mm outer diameter. You can buy them transparent or in different colors. The colored ones are more stiff (air pressure tubing).
Helps great with IEMs with short nozzles, without any change in sound and secure fit.
I bought 2meters in red/blue (for different channels) and 2m in transparent (the transparent one looks more pleasing to the eye and almost unnoticeable).

left: BL03, right: BL-01
tubes.jpg

For people asking links:
I bought those tubes more than a year ago on ebay and the china-seller doenst have those in stock anymore.
Just search for "silicone air tubing" or "silicon tube" on ali/ebay.

Those for example look almost like the ones i have (check out the video there on stiffness):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000794934771.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.0.0.25c76d50pE4Qne
or those (transparent only):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001462340237.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.66d34c4dbfjscg
You can prolly find those even cheaper elsewhere.
The Eartips sit very tight on the tubes and require some force to be removed and the tubes sit very tight on the nozzles too.

For the kicks you can also try more softer/rubbery silicon tubes, than those above.
The softer ones will bend a little to the form of your ear canal:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001460435823.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.100009.3.3a53415dRNYSEs

I usually cut longer tube pieces first and then try them with eartips on, following by shortening till i get a perfect fit (keep the eartips on, and just cut the other end).

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #5,309 of 6,129
I have been using Blon 03 for the past three days, and this is the most comfortable iem for me. I guess for small ear it's a perfect fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back