Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 6, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #4,711 of 6,129
They are fantastic iem’s. I have been listening to mine wirelessly with the BT20S pro and Wavelet app and it is an excellent set up. they give me everything I want, sound wise. I tried them wired, but they sounded so good wireless, that I have used wires again. I am also a huge fan of the Blon-03

So great the BLON BL-01 are.......giving music to the humans.
Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #4,712 of 6,129
Yeah, sellers love to pass the buck. I mean, sure once they hand it over it’s out of their control. But still, at least don’t just blow off requests for help with a generic “check with your post office” answer.

The best is when the seller gives you one of those bogus shipping numbers. They don’t work for tracking your order, so how the f* am I supposed to check with my post office when I don’t even have a real tracking number?

I just experienced that, had something damaged in transit and i requested a replacement. Was given a tracking number and a link that doesn't recognize that number, filed a dispute :/

Its interesting that they pass the buck, where i am the customer isn't responsible for the parcel, the person that sent it is, if its lost its on them and the post office to find it. Nothing to do with the customer.

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #4,713 of 6,129
Anyone tried C16 series cable from Nicehck with BL01?
Really interested in getting one of those, but can't decide which one to buy since they have 5 variants (copper, silver platted, 8:8 copper:silver, 4:12 copper silver, 12:4 copper:silver)

I have that cable, and the 01 sound too neutral - without colors. As others have noted, this set requires amping. As for the cables, the Silver LitzPS-Pro is recommended.

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #4,714 of 6,129
With the BL-03 I found the perfect combination with the C16-5 mixed copper and silver. It sounds really good to my ears, warm and full-bodied with a beautiful mid-treble, punchy but never strenuous.

I also tried the Silver LitzPS-Pro with which I gain detail and clarity, but the sound becomes too thin and bright for my ears.

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #4,715 of 6,129
K thanks for the impressions. Seems most of the impressions say that the BL01 scales better with power. The question is it worth it to pair an amp that is more expensive than the BL01 just to unlock its potential? I know most of us in this hobby have some amps/DAPs lying about, but for newbies and the majority of the lay consumers, I think they would only have a smartphone TBH.

There was some similar uproar about the KBEAR BElieve (sensitivity 98 dB) needing amping to scale optimally, but BElieve I would consider to be midfi pricing, and most folks who do dabble in the midfi segment will probably know about appropriate source pairing and will have amps. But the budget segment that the BLON BL01 is releasing into is a very different market. I'm sure folks will still enjoy the BL01 with just a humble smartphone, just that it is a pity that maybe some lay consumers will not know the true potential of this set without power.

This very much sums up my intial impression with 01, right now I've shelved it as I'm still waiting for the cable I've ordered, before attaching it to my now ancient FiiO E11. Maybe the takeaway for this is that, if a listener is already satisfied with the "unamp" setup and there's a tangible improvement in SQ when paired with an amp/dac - then there's something to look forward to in the upgrade department 😅.

As for me, I would still prefer an easy to drive iem, cost and portability wise - for smartphone only setup 😅

Dec 6, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #4,716 of 6,129
With the BL-03 I found the perfect combination with the C16-5 mixed copper and silver. It sounds really good to my ears, warm and full-bodied with a beautiful mid-treble, punchy but never strenuous.

I also tried the Silver LitzPS-Pro with which I gain detail and clarity, but the sound becomes too thin and bright for my ears.

Oh crap, Silver LitzPS is the one I've ordered which I think, will arrive tomorrow if shopee's tracking is accurate. Hope pairing it with generic foam tips will make the bass to return 😅

Dec 6, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #4,717 of 6,129
I have that cable, and the 01 sound too neutral - without colors. As others have noted, this set requires amping. As for the cables, the Silver LitzPS-Pro is recommended.

Thanks for the replies, I've ordered C16-5 right away lol.
I already own the 01 and find it has stability issue on my ears maybe due to its weight (kinda sliding easily). After trying various connectors, I find TFZ connector does better job than straight 0.78, but my current balanced cables are all straight lol. That's why I'm buying a new one.
-----------------------

Speaking about impression, I don't really do critical listening but yeah out of the box I only tried it on 3.5 SE with Sonata HD, what I really noticed is the vocals kinda congested and not warm enough, 03 sounds muuuuuuch sweeter, I kinda disappointed at first.
Then I changed the cable and use iBasso DC01 which has higher output to burn in for one night. The next time I put it on my ears the vocals become much better, close to 03. Not sure if it's only because more power or the burn in also does the job.

The first song I tested was Aimer - Spark Again, usually I can't really hear the cymbals due to intense drum and bass guitar play at the start of the song thanks to mid-bass bleed on 03. But with 01 it's much clearer and the has fuller punch to the drum, the electric guitar also has a slight more energy.
I don't really remember what songs I tested later lol but whatever, I'm totally satisfied with this.

now my 03 can rest in peace (already split in 2 everytime I pulled it out from my ears)

Dec 6, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #4,718 of 6,129
So great the BLON BL-01 are.......giving music to the humans.
Unknown.jpeg

If you like the BL-01, might I humbly suggest you try the BL-03 and the BL-05S (the s is part of the model name, not the plural. You can spot them because they are really really green).

The 03 has poor technicalities, awful fit, rubbish cable, useless tips... And the most amazing lush, rich timbre you'll hear for the money.

The 05S has a similar tonal balance to the 01, slightly better technicalities, slightly less deep bass and truly mind boggling separation.

Both are really worth a listen, Blon have released some real budget superstars (and the original BL05 and the BT3 which are, shall we say, less good). I'd go so far as to say I prefer my BL05S to my newly acquired Tin P1s.

Dec 6, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #4,719 of 6,129
My BLONS BL01 has been hanging out with the big boys, and man! Can they hang!!!
I've tried different BLON cables with the BL01, but the SILVER BLON CABLES did it for me! ...They can really take on the heavy weights with the Silver cables!
Quick and textured bass and lower sub-bass response, lively MID's, and excellent details and technicality! It is crazy that they can sound so mature from such a low price point versus the pricier competition!
WeChat Image_20201207035518.jpgWeChat Image_20201207035452.jpg
Silver cables will easily drive these to a more mature and professional level, IMHO!

-Clear

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20201207035431.jpg
    WeChat Image_20201207035431.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 0
  • WeChat Image_20201207035504.jpg
    WeChat Image_20201207035504.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #4,720 of 6,129
My BLONS BL01 has been hanging out with the big boys, and man! Can they hang!!!
I've tried different BLON cables with the BL01, but the SILVER BLON CABLES did it for me! ...They can really take on the heavy weights with the Silver cables!
Quick and textured bass and lower sub-bass response, lively MID's, and excellent details and technicality! It is crazy that they can sound so mature from such a low price point versus the pricier competition!
WeChat Image_20201207035518.jpgWeChat Image_20201207035452.jpg
Silver cables will easily drive these to a more mature and professional level, IMHO!

-Clear
It is a shame that they have quite a big unit variation, my unit is nowhere near as good as yours is. (my unit is more like crinacle´s unboxing thoughts on it.)

Dec 6, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #4,722 of 6,129
...They definitely "come alive" with the silver blon cables. The original ones that come with them are like, meh? Just okay to me.
FIY: I used the Tri Through on mine.

Dec 6, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #4,723 of 6,129

Do u think this cable can fit in a smartphone without removing the case? I got kbear 4 core copper, I'm satisfied with sound quality but damn, the Base of the plug is so big I had to remove the case and be extra cautious with my phone

Dec 6, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #4,724 of 6,129
Do u think this cable can fit in a smartphone without removing the case? I got kbear 4 core copper, I'm satisfied with sound quality but damn, the Base of the plug is so big I had to remove the case and be extra cautious with my phone
For C16-5 I have the balanced version with a smaller 2.5 mm plug so I don't know, but the other two NiceHCK cables I have with a 3.5 mm plug are easily connected to my smartphone without having to remove the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back