Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 4, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #4,696 of 6,129
Thinking to order the new 01 today via AE.

Wondering if cable upgrade can make a decent upgrade and whether to order same time.

Needs an upgrade cable ?

KBEAR Rhyme 8 Core Single Crystal Copper UPOCC good fit ?
I think more people would recommend pure silver cable like Tri Limpid.

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #4,697 of 6,129
Thinking to order the new 01 today via AE.

Wondering if cable upgrade can make a decent upgrade and whether to order same time.

Needs an upgrade cable ?

KBEAR Rhyme 8 Core Single Crystal Copper UPOCC good fit ?

U might wanna wait a day or 2, Aliexpress is having a sale then, and prices may be cheaper. In general, there should also be a 12/12 and Christmas time sale on AE, so if you are not in a rush, you may save some cash just by waiting a bit.

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #4,698 of 6,129
My BL-01's arrived in Vancouver on Nov 22 then took a week to get to the Toronto. Went to the nearest Canada Post depot on Nov 30 then sat there for a few days because they couldn't verify the destination address.

I had to log a ticket with Canada Post to give them the correct address. When it finally arrived today the shipping label is missing all of my first name and part of my last name. My street is there but the number is missing. Most of "Toronto" is faded and only the postal code is visible.

Like it got wet or the printer ran out of ink. The entire label is faded.

My KZ Zax which was also supposed to be delivered today now has a "processing error, possible delay".

Oh and W.E. decided not to ship my KBear Limpid so I had to open a dispute to get my $$ back since they also decided not to respond to my inquiries.

Oi vey...

I ordered my BL-01s in the pre-11.11 sale. 2 days before.

In both cases, they decided to ship them well after 11.11. [In one case, an audio store sent PMs to subscribers saying 'we just got the BL-01, hurry now, order them fast!' So I did, and then they say 'thanks for ordering them, we will receive them during the sale and ship them out afterwards.']

Anyway, some time after 11.11, on the 19th and 26th respectively, after all the other IEMs had shipped, my BL-01s were shipped. Now they have been in customs for 3 days...

So, ordered on 11.9, shipped on 11.19/26, arrived 12.1, in customs for how long...

Dec 4, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #4,699 of 6,129
I ordered my BL-01s in the pre-11.11 sale. 2 days before.

In both cases, they decided to ship them well after 11.11. [In one case, an audio store sent PMs to subscribers saying 'we just got the BL-01, hurry now, order them fast!' So I did, and then they say 'thanks for ordering them, we will receive them during the sale and ship them out afterwards.']

Anyway, some time after 11.11, on the 19th and 26th respectively, after all the other IEMs had shipped, my BL-01s were shipped. Now they have been in customs for 3 days...

So, ordered on 11.9, shipped on 11.19/26, arrived 12.1, in customs for how long...

I ordered mine on Nov 5 and the KZ ZAX on Nov 9. Canada Customs really killed the delivery time as per usual. Add Canada Post on top of that and you're just waiting and waiting...

I still need to get the KBear Limpid. The only cable I had that fits the Blon is a NiceHCK 16 H P Copper. The KBear is on sale in two days which is fine but it won't show up until January. Thanks a bunch W.E..

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #4,700 of 6,129
What kind of amp are we talking about, here? Do you think a low-end headphone amp like the Fiio E10K or even the K1 will do?

Here's what I've got:

Fiio E10K DAC/AMP
Fiio K1 DAC/AMP
Apple USB-C to 3.5mm headphone adapter
VE Odyssey DAC/AMP

It'd be running out from various PCs. Even my Thinkpad X1 Carbon's headphone jack works pretty well with IEMs.

Yes I am using a Qudelix 5k so those should be fine.

Dec 5, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #4,701 of 6,129
BL-01
bl01.jpg

A pleasant surprise.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001708430974.html

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #4,702 of 6,129
My BL-01's arrived in Vancouver on Nov 22 then took a week to get to the Toronto. Went to the nearest Canada Post depot on Nov 30 then sat there for a few days because they couldn't verify the destination address.

I had to log a ticket with Canada Post to give them the correct address. When it finally arrived today the shipping label is missing all of my first name and part of my last name. My street is there but the number is missing. Most of "Toronto" is faded and only the postal code is visible.

Like it got wet or the printer ran out of ink. The entire label is faded.

My KZ Zax which was also supposed to be delivered today now has a "processing error, possible delay".

Oh and W.E. decided not to ship my KBear Limpid so I had to open a dispute to get my $$ back since they also decided not to respond to my inquiries.

Oi vey...

Sounds like typical ali experiences. I think i've only actually received about 60% of what i've ordered from there. Sellers love to say, "maybe check your post office if they have it"... like no man, if my post service has a parcel with my address on it, it will be delivered to me. Ok sure no one is perfect but NZ post really hardly ever lose anything let alone 40% of the parcels from china to a particular person.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #4,703 of 6,129
Sounds like typical ali experiences. I think i've only actually received about 60% of what i've ordered from there. Sellers love to say, "maybe check your post office if they have it"... like no man, if my post service has a parcel with my address on it, it will be delivered to me. Ok sure no one is perfect but NZ post really hardly every lose anything let alone 40% of the parcels from china to a particular person.

Yeah, sellers love to pass the buck. I mean, sure once they hand it over it’s out of their control. But still, at least don’t just blow off requests for help with a generic “check with your post office” answer.

The best is when the seller gives you one of those bogus shipping numbers. They don’t work for tracking your order, so how the f* am I supposed to check with my post office when I don’t even have a real tracking number?

8D199735-8A2F-4F55-87B7-B4D7CA09A6D0.jpeg

Dec 5, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #4,704 of 6,129
First Impressions
BL-01

Wow, I........actually am not an expert in $22-$30 IEMs in 2020? I mean I do have some gear, and yes in the past; around 2015-2017.....I would often get $22-$30 IEMs. But I’m a fish out of water in direct comparison to what’s out there at this price? And I know nothing about the BL-03?

But it’s the best I’ve ever heard for this style of money. Probably it helps that (they) just nailed the sound-signature I like.

I hope I don’t completely discredit myself with this statement but.........there really are some small “audio-resemblances” to the IER-Z1R here? That resemblance is connected to the lower midrange and soundstage interaction. Also amazingly there is some great imaging and separation going on.

Due to mostly listening to $200 and up IEMs it’s going to be kinda-hard to be totally objective? But while not exactly perfect it does so very much in a cool musical and involving way. I mean the asking price is “stupid-money” for what the BL-01 does in the end. The question so far is if I could sit and enjoy the BL-01 for a night and have it be fun and rewarding; and so far the answer is yes!

10/10 on the musicality and magic (unmeasurable vibe) scale.

The build is great and fit is fantastic.

BLO1.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #4,705 of 6,129
BL-01

New impressions. Only hours into this and they are somehow performing even better? They are now handling complex passages well. Also the bass is showing itself to be not only accurate and detailed......also to have a provocative character unto itself. There is that slight momentary pause/go personality lag which ends up charming and special.

Hands down......easily the best $22-$30 IEM I've ever heard?

DSC_0095.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #4,706 of 6,129
BL-01

New impressions. Only hours into this and they are somehow performing even better? They are now handling complex passages well. Also the bass is showing itself to be not only accurate and detailed......also to have a provocative character unto itself. There is that slight momentary pause/go personality lag which ends up charming and special.

Hands down......easily the best $30 IEM I've ever heard?

DSC_0095.jpg

If you were listening right out of the box, yes they tightened up for me. I think @courierdriver mentioned 30 hours burn in but I don't have enough that much patience.

Dec 5, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #4,707 of 6,129
If you were listening right out of the box, yes they tightened up for me. I think @courierdriver mentioned 30 hours burn in but I don't have enough that much patience.

Thank you. Yes, I’m like a burn-in maniac. I totally believe in it. But the BL01 did change in day. It very hard to believe it will be better than it is? Meaning I have absolutely no issues with the sound signature, it’s great. Though if someone says 30 hours is necessary I will totally believe it. Many times groups of us have all agreed it was 150 hours for gear.

I’m actually surprised how much they have changed in a day? I would definitely let people know to not make any judgments straight out of the box. This is one IEM that does seem to show burn-in benefits or mental burn-in benefits.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #4,709 of 6,129
Dec 6, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #4,710 of 6,129
BL-01

Hands down......easily the best $22-$30 IEM I've ever heard?

DSC_0095.jpg

They are fantastic iem’s. I have been listening to mine wirelessly with the BT20S pro and Wavelet app and it is an excellent set up. they give me everything I want, sound wise. I tried them wired, but they sounded so good wireless, that I have used wires again. I am also a huge fan of the Blon-03

Users who are viewing this thread

Back