Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 21, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #4,426 of 6,129
Agree.
I also had bad experiences with AK Audio. They might be one of the worst if not the worst AE seller I ever deal with.
In July, I ordered bl03, they asked me to extended the order time. My bad luck after waiting about 2 months I never received the order. They refused to refund then I opened a dispute, AE was on my side for me to get my money back.
Recently, I was tempted their LZ A7 deal at 11.11. After the event ended, they kept asking me to cancel the order saying no stock which mean I couldn't get a 11.11 deal anymore from other stores. I never cancelled my order, I left it ended hoping they will get penalized for failing to ship the order. I am waiting my refund now.
I guess we couldn't put a high expectation with any AE seller.
I also ordered Hiby R5 during 11.11 and paid for DHL shipping, the seller said they have shipped it. However, the DHL tracking only shows they receive the info only. The seller sent the screenshot when I confronted the DHL status. To my surprise, their screenshot is not DHL website although they claim it is DHL. What a joke.

Most of them are fine. AK are by far the worst I've dealt with. NICEHCK are probably the best, them and KZ Official.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #4,428 of 6,129
@saldsald Since you had your Blon Bl-01 arrived a couple of days ago. I am curious to know what's your sound impression of Blon Bl-01 so far ?

They aren't that good at least at the current state. I haven't had time to do some burn-in thou. The best part about them is the mid, good for listening to something like the cello. The bass is tight but I definitely hear some mid-bass bleeds which means lower end congestion. The top end is the really so-so part about the bl01. They are not that resolving and still exhibit sibilance at times. As i said in my earlier post, the bass and the treble are behind the mid which can sound quite strange for live recordings making the imaging rather mediocre (and really weird) despite the large soundstage. I definitely would take the KZ EDX over the Bl01 this time. You may hear them differently, who knows.

Edit: After some critical listening, I find the instrument separation to be also very very average at best ... I already find the Bl01 a bit overpriced. Large soundstage with the worst imaging I have ever heard, average instrument separation, rather poor treble detail, they are definitely not keepers for me.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #4,429 of 6,129
MissAudio store on aliexpress also hasn't shipped out the Blon Bl-01 yet. I even requested him to ship out mine earlier as I have to review these. But no luck.

Like you, bought at MissAudio on 11.11 and no news...
I send them a msg yesterday and no answer yet.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #4,430 of 6,129
They aren't that good at least at the current state. I haven't had time to do some burn-in thou. The best part about them is the mid, good for listening to something like the cello. The bass is tight but I definitely hear some mid-bass bleeds which means lower end congestion. The top end is the really so-so part about the bl01. They are not that resolving and still exhibit sibilance at times. As i said in my earlier post, the bass and the treble are behind the mid which can sound quite strange for live recordings making the imaging rather mediocre (and really weird) despite the large soundstage. I definitely would take the KZ EDX over the Bl01 this time. You may hear them differently, who knows.

Ohh that doesn't sound so good. Kinda having mixed feelings about the Blon Bl-01 now. Not sure if i should cancel my order now since the seller hasn't even shipped them out yet and i already have my Bl-03's which i love. Haha this is confusing now.

Edit: Nah bought them cheap anyway. i'll test them myself and give it off to someone if i don't like the sound.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #4,431 of 6,129
Ohh that doesn't sound so good. Kinda having mixed feelings about the Blon Bl-01 now. Not sure if i should cancel my order now since the seller hasn't even shipped them out yet and i already have my Bl-03's which i love. Haha this is confusing now.

Edit: Nah bought them cheap anyway. i'll test them myself and give it off to someone if i don't like the sound.
If you are a collector just get them, if not maybe get the EDX at1/3 of the price.

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #4,432 of 6,129
do you own the bl-03? If yes, how do you find those?

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #4,433 of 6,129

Yea maybe you would like them, they aren't bad at all.

Nov 21, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #4,435 of 6,129

Oh, you'll be fine. Several of us at head-fi already compared the BLON BL01 to the BLON BL03 with the same conclusion. Just check out some impressions several pages back.

Link(s):
Blon in ear monitors impressions thread | Page 293 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org (head-fi.org)

Post #4,387 of 4,434 (head-fi.org)

They definitely are keepers! Enjoy!

-Clear

Nov 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #4,436 of 6,129
Agree.
I also had bad experiences with AK Audio. They might be one of the worst if not the worst AE seller I ever deal with.
In July, I ordered bl03, they asked me to extended the order time. My bad luck after waiting about 2 months I never received the order. They refused to refund then I opened a dispute, AE was on my side for me to get my money back.
Recently, I was tempted their LZ A7 deal at 11.11. After the event ended, they kept asking me to cancel the order saying no stock which mean I couldn't get a 11.11 deal anymore from other stores. I never cancelled my order, I left it ended hoping they will get penalized for failing to ship the order. I am waiting my refund now.
I guess we couldn't put a high expectation with any AE seller.
I also ordered Hiby R5 during 11.11 and paid for DHL shipping, the seller said they have shipped it. However, the DHL tracking only shows they receive the info only. The seller sent the screenshot when I confronted the DHL status. To my surprise, their screenshot is not DHL website although they claim it is DHL. What a joke.
Wow! Hearing a lot of negative feedback about AK. I used them quite a bit at one time with no issues. Kinda sad to hear their CS and shipping issues..I ordered GLON (green blon) on 11/11 from AK. Order shows shipped but update now shows "problem at wharehouse returning to seller" Informed AK they asked me to "wait a few days". Now I'm concerned after reading about all the issues. Will be a bit more patient but watching carefully.

Nov 21, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #4,437 of 6,129
Most of them are fine. AK are by far the worst I've dealt with. NICEHCK are probably the best, them and KZ Official.
Aren't there anything we can do to denounce this shop? I had problems with them too.

Very, VERY shady practices. They asked me to cancel the purchase, and then offered me discount on thei shop. Like... they used a high demand product to get the attention of a lot ofpeople to their shop.

It was a scam.

Nov 21, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #4,438 of 6,129
Aren't there anything we can do to denounce this shop? I had problems with them too.

Very, VERY shady practices. They asked me to cancel the purchase, and then offered me discount on thei shop. Like... they used a high demand product to get the attention of a lot ofpeople to their shop.

It was a scam.
They're not scammers, they just wanna sell as many products as they can obviously. The problem is that they don't think it is a problem for customers to wait upwards of 2 weeks for an item to ship and from what I've seen, they keep selling products that went out of stock. Just bad communication and some crappy management is probably not helping, so if you don't want trouble, order elsewhere.

Nov 21, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #4,440 of 6,129
And this discussion is a reminder of why I shop on Amazon (BL01 in stock next week)

Honestly, it's never gone totally wrong for me on Ali, just not been great sometimes. If I can get on Amazon (especially with prime delivery) for the same price or to within 10% then I do. But often Ali is where it's cheaper. I'd never advise anyone to not use Ali, so far it's been mostly great for me. But yeah it's definitely worth having a look closer to home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back