Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jun 8, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #3,377 of 6,129
Update: Don't have spare meshes and I probably won't receive any shipment until late July at its earliest. As a temporary solution I lifted the meshes and left them in a partially lifted state, the glue appears to hold it that way.

I think I could cut a piece of sponge and stick it in a way that leaves some holes for breathing, or cut tape with a hole punctured, not sure if these or just leave the mesh as is better?

Lifting the mesh with a needle was really easy, splitting the filter from the mesh looks much harder (without damaging the mesh that is).

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #3,379 of 6,129
Yet another update. I haven't recieved the meshes yet but what I tried is removing the meshes altogether and putting the Dekoni Bulletz in them (which I may add, took about 50 attempts to put them in because they're 3mm internally).
IMG_20200610_222220.jpg
Best result so far I think

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #3,380 of 6,129
Perhaps I can get some form of answer to my question here. On 5/9/2020 I ordered the BLON05. Has been sitting at customs in NY since 5/21/2020 and no movement since. Contacted Linsoul about my order and their only answer was what I just stated. My question, Is this normal for customs? I only ask because it’s appearing to me I will not receive my package at all.

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #3,381 of 6,129
Perhaps I can get some form of answer to my question here. On 5/9/2020 I ordered the BLON05. Has been sitting at customs in NY since 5/21/2020 and no movement since. Contacted Linsoul about my order and their only answer was what I just stated. My question, Is this normal for customs? I only ask because it’s appearing to me I will not receive my package at all.
If it is in your country, shouldnt you contact your local post carrier? Isnt it their responsibility now?

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #3,382 of 6,129
If it is in your country, shouldnt you contact your local post carrier? Isnt it their responsibility now?

Am not sure if it’s gone through custom’s yet. Have tried the tracking number with DHL and FedEx as that is what Linsoul indicated they use, but no result found. Also tried USPS with no result found. Have never had any issues before, but the present times are unusual to say the least. I quess all I can do is wait.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #3,383 of 6,129
Am not sure if it’s gone through custom’s yet. Have tried the tracking number with DHL and FedEx as that is what Linsoul indicated they use, but no result found. Also tried USPS with no result found. Have never had any issues before, but the present times are unusual to say the least. I quess all I can do is wait.
Yeah shipping times are extremely long now. Still waiting for my package I ordered on 4/27 and still hasn't arrived in my country yet... Just gotta hope they don't get lost.

Jun 11, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #3,384 of 6,129
I received my blon bl-03 in april, one is already broken. Right one. Tested with another cable, another headphones... not the cable, not the dap, it's the right blon bl-03...

Hope paypal refunds me, or seller agrees to send a replacement right iem... thanks I ordered a sennheiser hd 25 for the go, now that they are cheaper...
This whole chifi thing... I don't know man. they are cheap, but if they last 2 months... quite expensive actually. looking for alternatives... shame all other iems go with the cable on top only...

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #3,385 of 6,129
Yeah shipping times are extremely long now. Still waiting for my package I ordered on 4/27 and still hasn't arrived in my country yet... Just gotta hope they don't get lost.

wasnot aware of long shipping times as ordered a knife sharpener from China, and it was delivered within a week. But if also went through custom’s in California., so much closer to me.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #3,386 of 6,129
Have u tried the original BLON BL-03? I would consider it as a "landmark" CHIFI release that really changed the CHIFI landscape in consumers' expectations of what a sub $30 USD single DD set can do. It's sort of gonna be a benchmark for future single DD sets IMO.

I know the BL-03 was hyped to the moon and there's a cult like following in certain sites outside headfi, but TBH these are the cons of the original BLON BL-03 (MK1) that can be improved IMHO:
1) Short nozzle - most westerners had issues with the stock tips +/- cables cause of this, and have to resort to using longer eartips or spacer mods to get some form of extension for this short nozzle, thus providing a proper fit and hence acceptable sound. Thus, if you factor getting aftermarket eartips +/- cables into the equation, the BL-03 may cost closer to $50 USD than the actual sub $30 retail price.
2) Midbass bloat/thump/bleed - this is a subjective area as a lot of folks are bassheads and don't mind the midbass quantity, but others prefer a more neutral or toned down midbass. This can be tightened to some extent with amping and different eartips.
3) Poor technicalities, but superb tonality/timbre - technicalities are probably a limitation of the driver itself, not to mention it is a single DD set, which generally at this price point has poorer technicalities than a multi BA/hybrid.

Hence, I think BLON wants to address issues #1 + #2 with the BLON BL-03 MK2. My personal opinion is they already did the best they could in terms of tuning with the limitations of the driver, so I'm not sure if MK2 will have better technicalities (issue #3). If you already have the MK1 and can get a good fit with aftermarket tips/cables (issue #1) and don't mind the midbass amount (issue #2), then it is debatable whether you should get the MK2. I don't think they'll "mess up the tuning" as one of the tuners doing it (KopiOKaya) is very very experienced, though since we have so many options in CHIFI since 2019, maybe wait for a few legit reviews to filter out before pulling the trigger.

let's be honest, if the noozle is short, they are pretty much crap, and that is what I think about the blon bl-03, which gave me just another lesson that internet reviews are mostly useless in some cases. it has no bass, as it can't seal, tested them with all single and double and triple and foam eadtips, from spinfit, from sony, generis... my crappy 40€ sony fit so much better with any eartip of my size... blon are heavy, connection to cable is a joke really, like in most iems i guess. This whole chifi thing... I don't know man, I don't know... they sounded better than the cheap sony, lot of detail, flat... bass lacking, a lot, no matter what people say, mine had a huge lack of bass, sealed or not sealed... and a very cool sound voice, not warm really, not v shaped neither, flat-cool tiimbre.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #3,387 of 6,129
let's be honest, if the noozle is short, they are pretty much crap, and that is what I think about the blon bl-03, which gave me just another lesson that internet reviews are mostly useless in some cases. it has no bass, as it can't seal, tested them with all single and double and triple and foam eadtips, from spinfit, from sony, generis... my crappy 40€ sony fit so much better with any eartip of my size... blon are heavy, connection to cable is a joke really, like in most iems i guess. This whole chifi thing... I don't know man, I don't know... they sounded better than the cheap sony, lot of detail, flat... bass lacking, a lot, no matter what people say, mine had a huge lack of bass, sealed or not sealed... and a very cool sound voice, not warm really, not v shaped neither, flat-cool tiimbre.

The reviewers yes are generally full of something that begins with S, however in the case of the Blons the reviewers are absolutely spot on. They sound wonderful, yeah the nozzels are a little short, just use different tips, they are so cheap for what they deliver, experiment.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #3,388 of 6,129
Then something was clearly wrong with it, lack of bass is as far away as I would describe it.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #3,390 of 6,129
Exactly what I was going to write, but he did say it was the seal, but then it wasn't, they were just cold. Hmmmm. The Blons are what I would call bassy, pushed back a little, but sound glorious nonetheless.
yeah if the seal is bad, then no iem is gonna sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back