Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #3,331 of 6,129
The gold on the BL-05 was a little too much for me, so I went with red and blue:

3CB83CA0-E0A6-42DF-AEA7-BE888510A9BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #3,332 of 6,129
The gold on the BL-05 was a little too much for me, so I went with red and blue:

Very nice! What paint did you use?

Man, looking at them again....they look really nice! BLON needs to take notes.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #3,333 of 6,129
Very nice! What paint did you use?

1 coat of UV nail polish base coat, with 1 coat of UV gloss topcoat.

I also sealed the vent hole with a small screw, which I removed when done. This way, the vent did not become clogged and nothing went down the hole.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #3,334 of 6,129
Is the BL05 a deeper fit then the BL03 ?
Thanks

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #3,335 of 6,129
Is the BL05 a deeper fit then the BL03 ?
Thanks

Yes, the fit is more ergonomic, for myself at least. I can get a pretty good fit with the stock BL-05 tips, in contrast to the BL-03.

The BL-05 is more like a shure shell, with a not so weird angle of nozzle compared to BL-03, but YMMV as we all have different ear anatomies.

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #3,337 of 6,129

3CB83CA0-E0A6-42DF-AEA7-BE888510A9BC.jpeg

small stuff, but a huge improvement in my opinion. nice!

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #3,339 of 6,129
Im looking at the Blon05 because i got the Blon03's but i was a bit dissapointed.
But people keep saying they are really good. So i figure it must be the fit.
I had a hard time getting a good seal. I was losing a lot of the bass. So the sound wasnt very good imo.

Jun 3, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #3,340 of 6,129
Im looking at the Blon05 because i got the Blon03's but i was a bit dissapointed.
But people keep saying they are really good. So i figure it must be the fit.
I had a hard time getting a good seal. I was losing a lot of the bass. So the sound wasnt very good imo.

Blon bl03 is a bassy set, so yeah if u don't get bass with it, it is likely a fit issue. Have u tried longer nozzle tips like spinfit cp 100 (more bass)/ cp 145 (less bass)? Or a spacer mod?

Bl05 and 03 are pretty different in tonality though, so if u are getting bl05 purely for fit purposes, it isn't gonna sound like the bl03.

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #3,341 of 6,129
Is there any mesh cloth behind the bl05 grill? Or they just simply put same driver and lower the bass but take out the dampers so the result is more boosted upper mids?

@Slater What is your find comparing your modified BL03 vs 05?

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #3,342 of 6,129
I re-tested the T4 yesterday and was fully prepared to hate it, because my first impressions were quite bad and I enjoyed the BL03 so much more. But to my surprise, there was nothing shouty and I was surprised by all the detail and separation. Soundstage is average at best but I will retest with another DAP soon (ibasso dx160). I find that the right DAC and the right cable can have a positive impact on the T4. The most important part was the ES100, which is usually pretty smooth and does not overdo the treble. The cable is a tiny difference where some high frequency resonance or pitch was removed by the Fiio lc 2.5bs (maybe placebo or maybe because the ES100 handles 2,5 mm balanced better). Now bass was a little light but a little EQ boost would make the T4 even suitable for EDM and in most songs the T4 was fine as is.

Now in comparison, the BL03 is much warmer with insane bass rumble and smooth vocals. All in all both IEMs are quite enjoyable and if you have to choose between them, your music library is the biggest tell. I wonder if the T4 is still the better buy compared to BL05 or if sacrificing some details is worth it for half the price.

Unfortunatly the T4 got a lot more competition recently around 100$ where a few bucks more is usually not a dealbreaker. I can't remember if the Legacy 3 had a bigger soundstage than the T4 (I was a little disappointed on soundstage of L3), but separation and details were also good on the L3. The L3 lacked a little treble for me that might be fixed by wide bore tips according to other posts (havent tried those though). The bass was great on the L3. The stock cable on the T4 was disappointing while the L3 cable is good. The T4 stock cable arrived damaged so I was lucky to receive the T3 replacement cable.

spinfit cp 100 (more bass)/ cp 145 (less bass)

I have the same impression with the CP 145 resulting in less bass. I wonder why because fit is good and bass is fully there, just less. At the same time CP 145 might give more details.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #3,343 of 6,129
I re-tested the T4 yesterday and was fully prepared to hate it, because my first impressions were quite bad and I enjoyed the BL03 so much more. But to my surprise, there was nothing shouty and I was surprised by all the detail and separation. Soundstage is average at best but I will retest with another DAP soon (ibasso dx160). I find that the right DAC and the right cable can have a positive impact on the T4. The most important part was the ES100, which is usually pretty smooth and does not overdo the treble. The cable is a tiny difference where some high frequency resonance or pitch was removed by the Fiio lc 2.5bs (maybe placebo or maybe because the ES100 handles 2,5 mm balanced better). Now bass was a little light but a little EQ boost would make the T4 even suitable for EDM and in most songs the T4 was fine as is.

Now in comparison, the BL03 is much warmer with insane bass rumble and smooth vocals. All in all both IEMs are quite enjoyable and if you have to choose between them, your music library is the biggest tell. I wonder if the T4 is still the better buy compared to BL05 or if sacrificing some details is worth it for half the price.

Unfortunatly the T4 got a lot more competition recently around 100$ where a few bucks more is usually not a dealbreaker. I can't remember if the Legacy 3 had a bigger soundstage than the T4 (I was a little disappointed on soundstage of L3), but separation and details were also good on the L3. The L3 lacked a little treble for me that might be fixed by wide bore tips according to other posts (havent tried those though). The bass was great on the L3. The stock cable on the T4 was disappointing while the L3 cable is good. The T4 stock cable arrived damaged so I was lucky to receive the T3 replacement cable.

I have the same impression with the CP 145 resulting in less bass. I wonder why because fit is good and bass is fully there, just less. At the same time CP 145 might give more details.

Thanks for your impressions on the T4. Yeah at the $100ish USD region, there's huge competition for single DD sets like the aforementioned T4, Moondrop Starfield, KBEAR Diamond, WG T-one, and some older single DDs like Toneking Ninetails, many TFZs (including TFZ No. 3), Semkarch SKC CNT1 etc. Plus the BLONs at the cheaper price range. Very hard to stand out in that crowd.

For CP 145 vs CP 100, I presume it is cause CP 145 is slightly wider in the bore than CP 100, I generally find wider bore eartips give lesser bass, but YMMV as we all have different ear anatomies.

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #3,344 of 6,129
Is there any mesh cloth behind the bl05 grill? Or they just simply put same driver and lower the bass but take out the dampers so the result is more boosted upper mids?

@Slater What is your find comparing your modified BL03 vs 05?

Yes, there is black nylon mesh behind the metal nozzle mesh. It’s exactly like the BL-03.

Jun 3, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #3,345 of 6,129
Yes, there is black nylon mesh behind the metal nozzle mesh. It’s exactly like the BL-03.

Ohh so they already tame the upper mids, cant imagine without it lol.
How about comparison between BL03 mod version VS BL05?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back