Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Mar 12, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #2,702 of 6,129
I had the Tripowin C8 and switched to this https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-Rep..._10?keywords=trn+cable&qid=1584034734&sr=8-10
It's advertised as TRN but if you won't see TRN anywhere elso in the add.
Stated under the Brand: INKECI

If you look at TRN cables they have their name on them, these don't. I like them a little more than the Tripowin and they are thinner, more flexable.
Seems like it tightened the bass guitars and drums a bit while taking out just a little treble/ air. Seems like it made male voices a little thicker as well.
It was a good trade for me. But now that I've seen the ISN S16 cable that came on my ISN H40 I'd probably go that route or their C16.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #2,703 of 6,129
After failing an attempt of getting two well received hybrids and getting money back I decided to revisit my BL-03 that I got in September. For whatever reason I took KZ starline tips (L) and something really good happened. That's what my ear canals needed I guess. Suddenly there's a lot of space, magical imaging around my head, tamed bass which kicks just right, sound overall became a lot more palpable and textured. I don't know what I was doing before. These little guys are so capable. Some tunes sound too good.
I wonder if covid-19 and oil price crisis will let me buy anything soon and use great advices great people gave me. But with this re-discovery I will endure no doubt.

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #2,704 of 6,129
Just wanted to make sure about properly connecting the cable.. BLON BL-03 in question - 1, 2 is correct polarity and 3, 4 incorrect right?
Also does it affect polarity if we connect like on 1 & 2 figure but left cable to right ear piece and vice versa?
Sorry for stupid question but this got me kinda confused, since there are no markings on the drivers except L / R. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1.png

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #2,706 of 6,129
After listening to the tests at https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php it seems that they are out of phase when i put the connectors "asymmetrically"(-+/-+). And they sound in phase whether i put them (-+/+-) or (+-/-+) so here is that, but it'd be nice if someone else with BL-03 and custom 2 pin cable could confirm it.
Yes, as long as the dots face in the same direction, that is forwards or backwards, they are aligned correctly. Unless your headphones are wired incorrectly.

Mar 13, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #2,708 of 6,129
So you are saying they should be plugged as (-+/-+) or (+-/+-) ?
It's kind of hard to describe. But both dots should point either forwards or backwards. So to the front of the earpiece, or to the back, don't mix them.

Mar 13, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #2,709 of 6,129
So you are saying they should be plugged as (-+/-+) or (+-/+-) ?

Because they are single dynamics, it shouldn’t matter as long as you plug them in the same way on both sides.

Mar 13, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,710 of 6,129
Because they are single dynamics, it shouldn’t matter as long as you plug them in the same way on both sides.

Ok like on the picture then, so when they are in the ear they are both pointing backwards, or swap them so they both point forward.. gotcha, seriously dunno who thought it's a good idea to not make it more obvious, why not leave a dots for the positive pins on the driver just like on the cables smh..

Attachments

• 20200313_211318.jpg
    20200313_211318.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #2,711 of 6,129
Just a quick comment on unit variation: I recently gave in to curiosity and tried my back-up pair of the BL-03. I got it in case I'd lose my original pair. I'm quite sure it sounds much better than my original set. The first set was silver and came with the burlap "BLON" bag. The ones I just opened were gun metal and came with the black synthetic fabric bag. I ordered them about 3 weeks apart. I really doubt the color has anything to do with it, and I wouldn't characterize one as having a very different tonality than the other. One just sounds a lot better. Is it possible they improved their manufacturing process between the two? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #2,712 of 6,129
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
i had similar experience, my first pair was warm and organic with not a lot of treble but still very enjoyable sounding, i bought 3 more pairs after that, they had the same bag, the new 3 pairs sound different, at first i though that the different response was from the cable that i was using, but after some comparisons it turned out that it was unit variations, the new pairs sound cleaner, with more treble and less mid and upper bass, i like both type of tonality though
IMG_0001.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #2,713 of 6,129
i had similar experience, my first pair was warm and organic with not a lot of treble but still very enjoyable sounding, i bought 3 more pairs after that, they had the same bag, the new 3 pairs sound different, at first i though that the different response was from the cable that i was using, but after some comparisons it turned out that it was unit variations, the new pairs sound cleaner, with more treble and less mid and upper bass, i like both type of tonality though
Thanks! Very interesting!

Yeah, I Iike my first pair, too, and I think the comparison you make is in line with what I'm hearing. But the overriding difference for me is one of resolution and soundstage. Maybe I need to follow your lead and add to my collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back