Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Oct 30, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #482 of 6,129
Weird. I only use the aliexpress app and I never saw those prices.

There's a red bar (containing 11/11) in small print below the current prices that says what the actual price will be once 11/11 starts. The bigger print is the current prices. The Aliexpress app usually is slightly cheaper than desktop version also.

@LaughMoreDaily I know u dislike KZs from your past experience with collecting too many of them KZ pokemons. The BLONs are a totally differently tuned animal. The BLONs go for natural musicality, coherency and timbre rather than all out details, instrument separation and brightness. So it really depends what you want in your sound signature and the music genres that u listen to. The BLONs really shine with acoustic instruments and slower genres, but maybe not the best option if u primarily listen to electronic music/EDM or want lots of details in the music with many complex riffs/instrumentation going on at the same time.

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #484 of 6,129
I listen to electronic on the blon3 and it sounds amazing!

Oct 30, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #487 of 6,129
I burned my blons for 8 hours with pink noise and i dont really like the result. The base kinda lose some omff and the highs just getting a bit harsher in some tracks. I recommend just let it burn naturally.

i never burn with pink/white noise. better to use full range techno tracks or modern rock with low deep bass (like Korn or those new metal bands, for example)

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #488 of 6,129
Oppoty has arrived, not bad at all, with tighter bass they'd be quite phenomenal. :)

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #489 of 6,129
Oppoty has arrived, not bad at all, with tighter bass they'd be quite phenomenal. :)

Try tiprolling or even different amps, I find the midbass changes with these. They're quite tip and source sensitive.

How do they compare with your other single DD stuff like TFZ NO. 3 TI, Tanchjim Oxygen, Moondrop Kanas Pro and Ninetails?

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #490 of 6,129
I know that far from universally accepted that IEMs need to be burned in, so it was interesting to note in the little manual which comes with the Blons the following, under 'Problems and Solutions': '4. The new earphones are not burned, there should be several hours for break-in'.

I still have some work to do with mine, because I think it's kind of hit-or-miss whether I get a decent seal or not at the moment. I obviously got it just right yesterday evening, because they sounded amazing, and I found myself forgetting about them and just getting completely immersed in the music, which is what others have said. Later on, though, they weren't quite as good. Some more work with the nozzle spacing is probably required. I may also try them with foam tips, although the MH755 tips are my favourites on other IEMs.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #491 of 6,129
I ended up using my trn 16 core cable for the blon 3 since i'm not using it much with my t2 galaxy. :L3000:

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #492 of 6,129
Try tiprolling or even different amps, I find the midbass changes with these. They're quite tip and source sensitive.

How do they compare with your other single DD stuff like TFZ NO. 3 TI, Tanchjim Oxygen, Moondrop Kanas Pro and Ninetails?

They just had 30 minutes play time when I posted that and bass seems better already, probably just getting used to it as I doubt bass quality will reach what I'm used to lately.

I'd say they are more pleasant than No3 Ti, more fun than Oxygen and 9T and fuller than KP, all that being said from memory without going back to listen to either of these.

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #493 of 6,129
I know that far from universally accepted that IEMs need to be burned in, so it was interesting to note in the little manual which comes with the Blons the following, under 'Problems and Solutions': '4. The new earphones are not burned, there should be several hours for break-in'.

I still have some work to do with mine, because I think it's kind of hit-or-miss whether I get a decent seal or not at the moment. I obviously got it just right yesterday evening, because they sounded amazing, and I found myself forgetting about them and just getting completely immersed in the music, which is what others have said. Later on, though, they weren't quite as good. Some more work with the nozzle spacing is probably required. I may also try them with foam tips, although the MH755 tips are my favourites on other IEMs.

When I got my Blon 03 for a couple of hours they sounded really poor. I thought there was something wrong with them. Then they suddenly just opened up and sounded incredible. To my mind, placebo or not, they seem to have got better with age. After sorting the fit and seal out they are now the best I have musically, and for tone and timbre. I made a fairly thin spacer and use the JVC Spiral Dot large tips and a good aftermarket cable. I don't have any very expensive equipment to compare them with but they are better sounding than two $150 pairs I have, and better sounding than the Tin Audio T2, T2 Pro, T3, TFZ No.3, **** V2, and quite a few others I have. I do think they need a good source that can drive them adequately. So I hope like good wine they improve with age.

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #494 of 6,129
Dynamic drivers do indeed seem to burn in and sound more sweet. Time will tell.

A nice thing about the Blon 03 is the low low price. It's so low I can buy demo pairs for all my friends.. so I did that. Bought 5 pairs. I hope they will all enjoy the music as much as I do with the Blons!

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #495 of 6,129
Dynamic drivers do indeed seem to burn in and sound more sweet. Time will tell.

A nice thing about the Blon 03 is the low low price. It's so low I can buy demo pairs for all my friends.. so I did that. Bought 5 pairs. I hope they will all enjoy the music as much as I do with the Blons!

Can i be your friend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back