Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Oct 15, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #151 of 6,129
@ Khan SW, where can one buy the NX7 cable, 0.78 2 pin model that you should us on page 9? and can they be purchased as 2.5 mm balanced version? Thanks, for any help you can offer
From the source for the NX7, NiceHCK. If you scour the store, you'll find options for every budget. Here's a few that I've used:

NICEHCK C16-1 16 Cores Silver Plated Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Plug MMCX/2Pin/QDC/NX7 Connector
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000130916090.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.60523c00X03AKZ&mp=1

NICEHCK C16-3 16 Cores High Purity Copper Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Plug MMCX/2Pin/QDC/NX7 Connector
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...1.0&pvid=78b7b4b6-698d-4232-9f5f-9bb6b5294b47

NICEHCK C16-2 16 Core Copper Silver Mixed Cable 3.5/2.5/4.4mm Plug MMCX/2Pin/QDC/NX7 Connector
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...1.0&pvid=7c9f6f77-35b0-4c69-9ec4-dfb452da918c

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #152 of 6,129
Too many choices, spinfit, spiral dots or mh755? And I still don't know which model of spinfit to get

I think some of the other headfiers use cp145 with BLON. I personally use cp100 as it has a narrower nozzle which slightly boosts the bass as i am a basshead. YMMV.

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #153 of 6,129
Too many choices, spinfit, spiral dots or mh755? And I still don't know which model of spinfit to get

Cp100 fits the Blon. Mh755 have given me better results than Cp100, everyone's ear is different though. Haven't tried Spiral Dots on the Blon yet as I have only had them for a couple of days. Also I'm really happy with the sound MH755 tips have given me. There is a tonal unevenness in the upper bass that my Blons suffer. The MH755 tips tame this for me.

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #154 of 6,129
Just got my BL03 from Taobao.
I found that the tips that come with it are different from those seen by many of the earliest unboxing pictures.
Mine has some kind of gray translucent Spinfit tips just like yours.
I know they are fakes but they fit really well. I guess they have changed those tips in later packages.
Also mine has a black pouch instead of a beige BLON one.
Hey same I got a black pouch too, I guess we got the new batch, good to know. Yea the tips are fine for me Ivm interested in trying out new tips though

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #155 of 6,129
Cp100 fits the Blon. Mh755 have given me better results than Cp100, everyone's ear is different though. Haven't tried Spiral Dots on the Blon yet as I have only had them for a couple of days. Also I'm really happy with the sound MH755 tips have given me. There is a tonal unevenness in the upper bass that my Blons suffer. The MH755 tips tame this for me.
I see, I can get the mh755 from an eshop here just not sure if it comes with the stock tips, I will need to ask the seller. Do you not like the sound and fit of spinfit?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #156 of 6,129
So heres a weird story. So I am done with my run at work(truck driver) and Its my week to empty trash(its split between drivers). The weather has changed and we are hovering from lows in the 40s to 70 degrees. For some reason very large plastic trash cans are filled with static electricity. I guess from being drug on the ground? Anyway while doing that the first time my arm hair started to raise up and my music started getting staticky. All of a sudden. Major shock in my right ear. Very painful. What? After it happened a 3rd time(im slow) I figured it was static electricity and everytime I could feel my arm hair start to raise up I would touch the Blon housing and I wouldn't get shocked.

Weird stuff. CNT and Kanas do not do this and I have never had an issue with EP10 or any of my BQEYZ iems. Just the BL 03. :shrug:

Im interested in hearing if anyone else ever has this problem now that winter is coming and static electricity is here in full force.

Very odd!!

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #157 of 6,129
I see, I can get the mh755 from an eshop here just not sure if it comes with the stock tips, I will need to ask the seller. Do you not like the sound and fit of spinfit?

Honestly I think it was more the fit of the SpinFits that gave me the issue.

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #158 of 6,129
Honestly I think it was more the fit of the SpinFits that gave me the issue.
can you or someone help me out, I need the measurement of mh755 small and medium tips, just use a ruler to measure the outer diameter. I have a weird pair of ears, I get the best fit with 11mm on the left(usually small), 12mm on the right (medium), sometimes the smallest tips are 10mm so I just wanna make sure. Thanks in advance

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #160 of 6,129
I received the Blon -03s yesterday and have been listening to them almost constantly. They are very impressive, especially for the price. I also received an E1Da 9038s dac at the same time and have been listening to the Blon's through the 9038s. For a little over $100 the sound quality is simply amazing. This is a serious "Bang for buck" combo and highly recommended.

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #161 of 6,129
Received my ordered gun metal Blon 03 I ordered with a Linsoul LSC09 balanced 2pin cable upgrade. And using from my HiBy R6 Pro balance out at low gain at 48 from 100 volume.

1st impressions, took forever to find a good fit with any silicone tips I had around. Actually ended up using suitable comply foams tips after giving up.

Sound really is enjoyable. Very good controlled bass way better than expected. Bass line guitar feels powerful. No shouty male voices, female voices are more forward and close to being shouty.

Crash in cymbals is really satisfying presence. Giving themselves a presence without being distracting. Definitely not energetic/sparkly.

All instruments well presented, but layered and enjoyable. Not seperate and analytical.

Satisfying soundstage not so big that things become speaker-like and hollow.

These are really good for laidback listening without having a warm specialization ( I consider Final audio e5000 warm but has amazing bass to voice seperation). Really is an easy recommendation.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #162 of 6,129
IMG_20191016_210601.jpg My silver bl03 just arrived.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #163 of 6,129
I received these yesterday ( silver )

Instruments, vocals and percussion really sounds spot on with this set, judging by my own ears that is.
Imaging and seperation is good, comparing it to my more expensive sets.

Treble on this is great, I pick up certain stuff that I don't with my more expensive sets, while not experiencing sibilance / any uncomfortable harshness.

They seem very balanced, with a even so slight hint of warmth to them.

You lose a little bit of clarity compared to for example my 8 BA set, but we are not really talking any huge amounts here, and the tonality in my mind makes up for any sacrifice.

If I had to pick on something:

* Fit is not a problem with the right tips, but ootb tips and cable is a problem. Short nozzle, you've heard it all before if you've read about the BL03.
* The last bit of clarity ( compared to more expensive BA set )
* The last bit of treble sparkle ( compared to more expensive BA set )

Again, have to point out how impressed I am with the imaging and seperation on these.

I had very high hopes for these, hype considered - and my expectations were surpassed, wow.

This will most likely be my daily driver, and I'll most likely will be ordering more.

Is there any reported difference in the sound signature between the brown one, and the silver one - anyone know?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #165 of 6,129
Well they have arrived...and I'm impressed.

Gunmetal, grey tips, black cable and black bag.
From MissAudio store on AliE for all of £23.

First thing to do...ditch the tips, they are bloody awful for me due to the shortness of the nozzle. Replacement used are large kz starlines. Cable actually OK for me.

For a single DD they are excellent. Bass just fine for me, quite fast and tight.
Vocals great and a treble that didn't think was possible with a single DD,since I have been used to BAs since I got into this hobby.

On my Fiio m11 you may have to raise the volume abit, as sound level can be abit low.

Timbre is very good with pianos sounding just right to my ears.

Will run them over night to burn them in, and maybe do some comparisons tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back