Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jul 9, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #3,556 of 6,129
Well your wish is gonna come true bro, it seems BLON is coming up with a new model (again): https://www.facebook.com/groups/audioreviews/permalink/4186040318102914/

Called BLON BL-05 MK2. The radioactive green colour looks quite cool. It's described here as a "bassier Tanchjim Hana".
Well, they got going, but perhaps in reverse? Looks even shoutier. While the bass helps balance it out, it still doesn’t suppress the extreme upper mids. At best it looks like a more caustic No.3, to me that is.

I don’t know, after listening to the T2 Plus, the FD1, and NA2 (granted, all more expensive), I’m thinking BLON will need a revolutionary new product to get back on the board (though the BL03 is still on said board). Meanwhile it may be the IT00 that’s now on the top pedestal, just not for those of us in the US yet.

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #3,558 of 6,129
Looks like that Blon BL-05 MK2 is a pass then damn.
BLON BL-05 is a winner, I don't care what reviews say. They changed everything "bad". Too much mid bass?(03)? Ok we'll fix that, not enough technicalities? OK, we'll fix that. It is almost they took all of the complaints of the 03, which the 05 fixed, and are still **** on it. I am trying to understand why, seriously good IEM.

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #3,559 of 6,129
BLON BL-05 is a winner, I don't care what reviews say. They changed everything "bad". Too much mid bass?(03)? Ok we'll fix that, not enough technicalities? OK, we'll fix that. It is almost they took all of the complaints of the 03, which the 05 fixed, and are still **** on it. I am trying to understand why, seriously good IEM.

They elevated the upper mids when they should not have and sounds a bit shouty. They are perfectly fine apart from that and the leaner mid bass was a good thing.

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #3,561 of 6,129
I don't find them shouty at all. It's not near closing TFZ T2 level, I kinda like that though, YMMV.

In some cases it can help but it sounds unnatural and boosted. The BL-03 got this right then elevated for the BL-05 was not not needed and then they are going to elevate it more which is a no go but a graph is only half of the story.

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #3,562 of 6,129
In some cases it can help but it sounds unnatural and boosted. The BL-03 got this right then elevated for the BL-05 was not not needed and then they are going to elevate it more which is a no go but a graph is only half of the story.
Graphs are dumb, use your ears. BL-05 is superior in every way, they fixed all "problems", yet we still hear complaints. Such is Chi-Fi life.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #3,563 of 6,129
Graphs are dumb, use your ears. BL-05 is superior in every way, they fixed all "problems", yet we still hear complaints. Such is Chi-Fi life.
You cant always use your ears before you buy. And while the 05 fixed a lot of problems with the 03 (fit and bass) it also added a new big problem, shouty upper-mids.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #3,565 of 6,129
Disagree, you haven't heard enough IEM's apparently. I don't find it shouty, at all.
ok lucky for you. But the general consensus is that they are shouty.

I do believe I have heard enough iems thank you.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #3,567 of 6,129
I'll chime in, and say they are too shouty for me. I've tried to like them, but I have to give them -7 dB from 2 to 4k. They sound unnatural to me.

All I wanted was the sound signature of the 03 in a better shell.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #3,568 of 6,129
Notice how no one gets on your patreon? That's because they don't trust opinion.
Blon 05 is still king, get used to it.
Im sure they trust mine more than yours. All you do is add toxicity in this forum.

05 = king? More like a failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back