BLON BL-30 Review, impressions and discussion thread
Dec 14, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #47 of 295
Still hoping that one of the BL30 owners also owns a ruler...
Just got my shipping notification, mine will arrive Friday, I’ll measure the pads if no one else has before.

Dec 14, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #48 of 295
Ordered mine on december 7th and still waiting for them to be shipped. The AliExpress seller got near 99% of positive feedback but I got a feeling that they are gonna cancel the order or something like that...

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #50 of 295
Ordered mine on december 7th and still waiting for them to be shipped. The AliExpress seller got near 99% of positive feedback but I got a feeling that they are gonna cancel the order or something like that...
I ordered mine from Linsoul Nov 18th and just got the shipping notification today. Linsoul is saying there’s a 20 business-day backlog between orders and fulfillment right now.

Either BLON woefully underestimated the demand on these or there’s some sort of parts shortage going on.

Dec 14, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #51 of 295
I ordered mine from Linsoul Nov 18th and just got the shipping notification today. Linsoul is saying there’s a 20 business-day backlog between orders and fulfillment right now.

Either BLON woefully underestimated the demand on these or there’s some sort of parts shortage going on.
Yeah, something is happening because I ordered the Blon Bl01 and some cables from the same store and they shipped the next day. Anyways, hope you get yours soon and share your first impressions if you got the chance.

Dec 14, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #52 of 295

My replacement pair still hasn't been sent out yet because they've been out of stock since the 3rd or something like that. I think the DROP orders had something to do with it, who knows.
pads seem to roughly be 60mm x 60mm internally based on comparisons to other pads i own. slightly larger than brainwavz round pads, slightly smaller than brainwavz XL pads. not very deep though, and the pads are a scratchy velour material.

Dec 14, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #53 of 295
On my Vernier, I get 56mm internal diameter, 105mm full diameter, and 22mm depth. These are really great -- real bass cannons. They're great for any percussive music: Kodo's Heartbeat, Yosi Horikawa's Vapor, Billie Eilish's Bad Guy, pretty much anything that goes thump. What they have is a detailed bass and sub-bass. For instance, in Hans Zimmers Mountains, not only can you hear the sub-bass rumble, you can identify it as a big cathedral organ. And the bass is visceral, you can feel it in your kishkas. But as you would expect in a 70mm driver, you pay for all this; you pay with a slightly muffled and withdrawn treble. For instance, in Billie Eilish's Bad Guy, while you enjoy the stomach hitting thump, she sounds like she has a paper bag on her head. But hey, it's all about the bass, no treble.

Dec 15, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #54 of 295
Woo/easy? I got mines from there, let's see how it goes...

Dec 15, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #56 of 295
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #57 of 295
That is some wierd Geado style ear pads.
First thing that caught my eye as well, the style doesn't seem to fit this type of headphone, i'd wager that the Blon version is better.

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #59 of 295
Yeah it's ****. Still not shipped, Im gonna wait a week and probably cancel it they don't send the package.
Hmm, i'm gonna keep an eye on mine then, i paid the bank slip yesterday and the order got confirmed today.
I generally have a good experience with the store, not long ago i got a KZ EDX for US$2.75 there, best pocket change i've ever spent!

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #60 of 295
On my Vernier, I get 56mm internal diameter, 105mm full diameter, and 22mm depth. These are really great -- real bass cannons. They're great for any percussive music: Kodo's Heartbeat, Yosi Horikawa's Vapor, Billie Eilish's Bad Guy, pretty much anything that goes thump. What they have is a detailed bass and sub-bass. For instance, in Hans Zimmers Mountains, not only can you hear the sub-bass rumble, you can identify it as a big cathedral organ. And the bass is visceral, you can feel it in your kishkas. But as you would expect in a 70mm driver, you pay for all this; you pay with a slightly muffled and withdrawn treble. For instance, in Billie Eilish's Bad Guy, while you enjoy the stomach hitting thump, she sounds like she has a paper bag on her head. But hey, it's all about the bass, no treble.

It doesn't even have the dreaded treble spike in treble simbilance these kind of dynamic drivers usually have? So really dark sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back