blocked up...
Mar 29, 2006 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SgtE

100+ Head-Fier
I recently got a pair of ep-630 that I am trying out till the release of e500, and they are my first pair of IEM (that I own and have tried on). Now, I listen to music at very low volume with them cause of the isolation effect, but when I take em out, my ears feel blocked up. Is this normal for one that has never used IEM's before or should I beware of IEM's?

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 5
Whenever my E4s comes out of my ears, the world is a few dBs louder. Guess it's due to the isolating effect of IEMs, making our ears adjust to less external noise, and more to the music, especially of your music is turned down a bit.

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtE
I recently got a pair of ep-630 that I am trying out till the release of e500, and they are my first pair of IEM (that I own and have tried on). Now, I listen to music at very low volume with them cause of the isolation effect, but when I take em out, my ears feel blocked up. Is this normal for one that has never used IEM's before or should I beware of IEM's?

When I first got my super fi 5 pros, my ears felt that way for about 2 weeks. Now I can wear it deeper without pain, and I can remove them without experiencing the air pressure change. Just think of it as your ears trying to adjust to sudden pressure changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back