Blocked! No more Head-Fi at the office!
May 11, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #16 of 28
Just pay the guy....those are things that money can buy....

May 11, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Kevin, I have cable modem at home which I believe is dynamic ip so that's not going to work...I really don't want to get DSL because I don't have a phone line at home. I use my cell phone for all calls.

Ed, we are using XP pro and IE at work, but I could probably install an alternate browser.

You have Comcast HSI.
You IP shouldn't change unless we move you to another router (ie New IP block) during an upgrade.
Yes, it's dynamicly set up on the client end but our DHCP servers will always give you back the same IP as long as it sees the same MAC address acking for it.

In other words, I'd be surprised if your IP changed more than 2x this year.
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #18 of 28
Gee, that's too bad, and I'm reading this post from work.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

May 11, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Gee, that's too bad, and I'm reading this post from work.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Dude thats just flat out evil.
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Canman, Im sorry to hear that you won't have head-fi until you get home...
eek.gif

I feel your pain though, I hardly get a chance to go on headfi at school.
rolleyes.gif

Regards,
Dan

May 11, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #20 of 28
There's a really easy way around this, it used to work for me when IT department in my company decided to block even third party e-mail access like yahoo and such. Go to google's language tools, then type in the address in the "Translate a web page" field or just use the "http://translate.google.com/translate?u=" string in any browser and then add the web address. I don't think it works for any java scripts, but at least you'll be able to see the content.

May 11, 2004 at 1:10 PM Post #22 of 28
As the internet becomes ubiquitous, I think this is going to become the standard rather than the exception. I can't imagine how much work time is lost each year on internet slacking. People here at work were running Ebay businessess off company internet, and the final straw was one guy who apparently had hundreds of megabytes of **** on his personal drive. No more internet...

May 11, 2004 at 1:18 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
Quit your job.

LOL

May 12, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
As the internet becomes ubiquitous, I think this is going to become the standard rather than the exception. I can't imagine how much work time is lost each year on internet slacking. People here at work were running Ebay businessess off company internet, and the final straw was one guy who apparently had hundreds of megabytes of **** on his personal drive. No more internet...

I'm back
biggrin.gif
The proxy server works wonders...at least IT hasn't caught on yet, but they might when they see that I am only logging onto one server. Apparently, management gets a copy of websites we visit and how much time we spend at each site. Well, the bright side is that I don't have to quit my job anymore.

Heh, I worked with a guy at my last job who would download gigs of **** videos to his laptop and watch them when there was nothing else to do. The funny thing is he was the network admin.

May 12, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Heh, I worked with a guy at my last job who would download gigs of **** videos to his laptop and watch them when there was nothing else to do. The funny thing is he was the network admin.

Yeah, you also used to have daily 3 hour lunches at every taco, rib, and hamburger joint in town. What was the reason for leaving there again? (Other than living with your folks)

May 13, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
Yeah, you also used to have daily 3 hour lunches at every taco, rib, and hamburger joint in town. What was the reason for leaving there again? (Other than living with your folks)

well besides the 3 hour lunch siestas and all the **** downloads, it paid terribly and gave me no chance for advancement. Besides, having to live with the folks was enough to get me out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back