Blind Cable Taste Test RESULTS!
Jun 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #572 of 578
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregorio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure where this comes from. Recording studios use relatively cheap cables. In general, studio professionals do not engage in the cable debate and do not believe they make any difference whatsoever.

G

Like Grawk mentioned, why would the studios:

A) care about sound quality when they will be screwing up every single copy they print.

B) Notice a difference when they are all basically using the same crap.

Try something recorded by Mapleshade and see how it sounds.

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #573 of 578
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like Grawk mentioned, why would the studios:

A) care about sound quality when they will be screwing up every single copy they print.

B) Notice a difference when they are all basically using the same crap.

Try something recorded by Mapleshade and see how it sounds.

So you've decided not to take my advice and are still replying like a spoilt child, out of complete ignorance.

A. Ignorance level - 11 out of 10. Studios don't make copies, they make masters. Making copies is the job of the duplicating house!

B. Ignorance level 10 out of 10. Have you ever even seen the inside of a recording studio? Obviously not, based on your ridiculous rantings.

Anyone with even a basic level of intelligence would realise that like any other profession, there are world class studios/engineers and incompetent ones. The vast majority aspire to high quality rather than incompetence.

How old are you oldblueyez, my guess would be around 10-12 years old.

G

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #574 of 578
Have to agree with oleblueeyes. Mapleshade has some AWESOME recordings. Chesky has some too. Have to check out my Buddy's studio to see what cable he is using? He just made an Album. This ain't no Mapleshade recording for sure. CD Baby: TURD HELMET: Greatest (S)hits

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #575 of 578
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregorio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you've decided not to take my advice and are still replying like a spoilt child, out of complete ignorance.

A. Ignorance level - 11 out of 10. Studios don't make copies, they make masters. Making copies is the job of the duplicating house!

B. Ignorance level 10 out of 10. Have you ever even seen the inside of a recording studio? Obviously not, based on your ridiculous rantings.

Anyone with even a basic level of intelligence would realise that like any other profession, there are world class studios/engineers and incompetent ones. The vast majority aspire to high quality rather than incompetence.

How old are you oldblueyez, my guess would be around 10-12 years old.

G

You ASSume way too much to be talking that way to anyone. Not once have you ever made a concrete connection from the average studio to any of these cable discussions.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #576 of 578
exactly, different recording studios use different equipment

thats why there are **** recordings and good recordings

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #577 of 578
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You ASSume way too much to be talking that way to anyone. Not once have you ever made a concrete connection from the average studio to any of these cable discussions.

I assume? That's funny!! Go to an online dictionary and look up the word "hypocrite".

I don't believe there is a single cable thread to which I have contributed where I haven't mentioned recording studios and/or the professionals who work in them. However, as I implied in my last post, there's not really any such thing as an average studio. Studios vary from people in their bedroom with a PC and Cubase, selling studio services, to world class commercial facilities who have spent millions on equipment, acoustics, etc.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back