blech -- sony ex71 dead after 8 weeks... others?
Jul 12, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #16 of 20
i think the build quality has gotten worse, especially in the cable department. I've had, and given away three pairs of 71's all purchased atleast a year ago, i picked up a pair of 81's while in japan last november, and about 30% of the cable is showing, the foamy cable has just totally disintigrated - the 71's - which are no longer in my posession (grrr) are still in fine shape... and now im looking for a good portable canal replacement aswell - I'm thinking the sharp MD33 - but im not crazy about that four pole to three pole adapter, i want a short cable (MD friendly).

Jul 12, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdude85
Would anyone advise against the ER6 as an alternative to the e2cs?

If you like good treble and great detail, then ER6(i)s. E2cs have better bass, but rolled off highs.

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #19 of 20
You have to be careful with any in-the-ear earphone.

Keep them clean. Take tissue and run it around the inside lip of the ear bud piece that fits in your ear, but not so far inside as to rub against the driver screen.

Otherwise, wax will buildup inside and eevntually clog the driver screen.

Etymotics have replacable screens for this reason - when you lose sound in one channel you replace the driver screen to fix.

Jul 13, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #20 of 20
Also-

The ex71 have an extention cord, which is quite heavy. I used a clip i found off a phone headset, and put it right above the connection. This way, there is no pressure at all on the left earbud. mine have lasted for a few months now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back