Black Schiit! (Or, our supplier's mistake is your, um, benefit?)
Nov 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #46 of 86

I actually have to disagree, the contrast is really nice.

Agree'd I like the contrast 

Can your guys screw up and make some black Vali's also that would be great!! So tempted to just get the Valhalla now...

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

And JASON BRO. I'm tempted to get a Vali simple to demo and then re sell on head fi ... but a BLACK VALI... might be too sexy for me to part with.

I say you need to make Black a regular offer! Ofc you might want to start off with a limited number of offerings but cmon :D those look good! 

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #48 of 86
  For Pete's sake... Just listen with your eyes closed, all gear looks black then.

Pff no thanks, and cmon why are you not supporting us here! Schiit is going to have to eventually ONE day offer a Black Chasis... as they gain more customers it's going to start being request enough to make them offer it. The sooner the better I say! 

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #49 of 86
Buy silver, re-anodize black. Simple!

But seriously, I've worked in wholesale and every type of variation bumps the mess-up percentage by a bit.

Don't like the schiit they're selling? Build your own! It's not that hard...

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #50 of 86
  Pff no thanks, and cmon why are you not supporting us here! Schiit is going to have to eventually ONE day offer a Black Chasis... as they gain more customers it's going to start being request enough to make them offer it. The sooner the better I say! 

Now THAT is not a bet I'd take :) From what I know about Schiit/Jason & team - They're committed to less complexity/options to provide greater value while allowing them to focus more on what matters to most.

Not to say I wouldn't snatch up some black Schiit if I was about to buy. I'd grab a Vali in black if it was available, but I get their reasoning and care more about the sonics/value.

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #51 of 86
  Now THAT is not a bet I'd take :) From what I know about Schiit/Jason & team - They're committed to less complexity/options to provide greater value while allowing them to focus more on what matters to most.

Not to say I wouldn't snatch up some black Schiit if I was about to buy. I'd grab a Vali in black if it was available, but I get their reasoning and care more about the sonics/value.

I do too, they offer an excellent product and I'm confident enough in their buisness to expect to some day see... a black offering.  
But it's evident that they focus first and foremost on sound! 

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #52 of 86
I agree with the comments that people are waiting for black friday. Even on the deals threads people are passing by a lot more deals in anticipation of black friday. I for one am interested in the modi/magni but I am waiting until around christmas to buy them, partially because of the whole "christmas present" thing, but also in case I see something awesome on black friday.

Also because the black chassis only comes in a few select models, which are the more expensive options, they aren't going to fly off the shelves. Now IF you do a magni/modi in black, I bet those would fly off the shelves due to the cheaper price.

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #53 of 86
  I agree with the comments that people are waiting for black friday. Even on the deals threads people are passing by a lot more deals in anticipation of black friday. I for one am interested in the modi/magni but I am waiting until around christmas to buy them, partially because of the whole "christmas present" thing, but also in case I see something awesome on black friday.

Also because the black chassis only comes in a few select models, which are the more expensive options, they aren't going to fly off the shelves. Now IF you do a magni/modi in black, I bet those would fly off the shelves due to the cheaper price.

True enough, although I'd like to try the Vali and one in black... is really tempting q.q 

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #55 of 86
Now I'm tempted to have my Schiit gear anodized

FWIW, Jason said these were not anodized, but rather were powder coated.  

Nov 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #59 of 86
  Even powder coated vs. anodized, the Lyr looks great in black, especially here on my desk.  
beyersmile.png

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Did you install some adapter into the Lyr's tube socket to expose the tubes outside of the chassis? If so, where did you purchase them? I would love to show off those tubes on my own Black Schiit! 
normal_smile .gif

Thanks,

Alex

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #60 of 86

Hi Mike,

Did you install some adapter into the Lyr's tube socket to expose the tubes outside of the chassis? If so, where did you purchase them? I would love to show off those tubes on my own Black Schiit! 
normal_smile%20.gif

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I use two sets of socket savers.   I have a set of the Tube Monger silicone filled savers - they're pretty good, if you get them just be careful to clean any excess silicone from the top of them before using, otherwise it can soften with the heat and stick to tube pins - then it's a pain to get clean.   Those alone will bring the tubes up out of the case nicely and make them easier to remove for rolling.  In my experience, they also help the amp run a bit cooler.

As for the second socket saver in each, I've rolled a  *lot* of tubes - I've got over 1100 tubes that work in the Lyr that I've been buying & selling, so having the tubes sit even a bit higher makes it easier.   I found that with just one set, some of the time the socket saver would come out with the tube, which kind of defeats the purpose.   One set of socket savers is too deep to reach in easily and hold down while a tube is removed, where this way they're right there within reach and can be held while the tubes are pulled/replaced.

Thanks,
   -Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back