Black Friday Deals for Audiophiles 2014
Nov 28, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #61 of 117
guys, I'm getting nervous...was planning on getting the JH5 pros for black friday but i don't even know if they're doing anything or not.

then the lowest end 1964s are 20% off but its today only...anyone have any info about if jha is going to do any BF/cyber monday deals?

i hate this uncertainty...

btw, I'm new to CIEMs and just want a solid entry level model...

JHA isn't having a black Friday sale. The JH5 is an excellent entry model ciem. I also recommend checking out the UE4 and EarWerkz EP-2.

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #62 of 117
I agree with shotgunshane, jh5 is a fab entry ciem (which I got on Black Friday years back), as is the ue4 (which I have not heard yet). Also, note the UE reference monitor (uerm) is on massdrop for 699 right now, which at 300 off is insane.

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #63 of 117

so for sure no black friday and no cyber monday?

i had my heart set on the JH5 pro cuz i already spent time learning about it.  the only other one i would consider is the 1964 V2 for 20% off of $400 but i do not know anything about these (lowest price and decent quality are my important factors).

sucks to have your heart set on an expensive item to have to substitute out for a different product i know nothing about...i assume they are just as good, though?  or should i wait for another JH5 sale?

EDIT: i think I'm going for the 1964 v2's despite a huge lack of info about them...it seems people overlook them for the v3s consistently, but i feel like the extra $100 would be wasted for an amateur listener like me.  I'm mainly in it for the customization and finding a pair of life-long earbuds that i could sleep in with my head sideways on a pillow if needed.

any last words on why the v3 is more than $100 better than the v2s?  anything horrible to say (or links to other discussions about this) about the v2s?  i mean, i wouldn't REGRET purchasing the v2s at 80% of retail cost, right?

thanks friends!

Nov 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #64 of 117
i dun touch CIEMs...to sAVe mys$$$elf

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #66 of 117
  Sennheiser 598's for $100 on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=br_lf_m_10184278011_1_1_img?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics&pf_rd_p=1982469682&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=10184278011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0VY8KTDWJEKKVQVCFRWK

Still there! 70 units available.

Nov 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #71 of 117
If you were a previous Geek backer, there is a new Geek IEM being put up on Indiegogo today with a reported 76% off the $159 MSRP.

It will not be up until Monday... it is a Cyber Monday deal.
They claim they will have them sometime in January.. maybe you will get them sometime much later.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #74 of 117
It's up for sale on the indiegogo page now.

Maybe you are seeing something other than what I see... if so please direct me to what you are talking about.
All I see now is this
"

Geek IEM's for Cyber Monday

Originally designed to be paired with our Geek Wave portable audio player, Geek IEM's are earbuds built for audiophiles, but priced for the rest of us. Ready to be on the shelves of national retailers in the second quarter of next year, MSRP is slated at $159. Geek IEM's are made of durable metal alloy (we call it AGM material) to control resonance for a natural sound. It's ergonomically designed, attractive, and despite its diminuative size, gives you deep, warm bass notes thanks to its tuned enclosure. Because they're ready earlier than we anticipated, this Cyber Monday only, you get a pre-retail discount of 76%."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back