Black And Silver Shure SE530's - Do They Still Exist?
Mar 3, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i do think they would look nicer in silver but frankly i wouldnt care if they were florescent pink, i love how they sound and thats what really counts

Wow, you're like the Anti-Skullcandy fella.
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the bronze color more than black and silver. Once you see the SE530 in the bronze, you'll just fall in love with it.

True story. It's like a big bronze blob of audio goodness
loveys.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #19 of 22
It definitely has the most luxurious look out of the "big four" of the high end universal IEM's (W3, 530, IE8, Triple fi), IMO.

Ironically, they're probably also the most fragile, though to be fair it's because of the wire problem rather than the housing (which is pretty sturdy).

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #20 of 22
Those rubber guards can come loose/free quite easily also! I had my SE530's replaced for this not so long ago and it's happened again to my replacement set about 2-3 weeks ago! [I Know Shure would/should replace em easily and quickly enough but I just can't be bothered with hassle of packing em up, takin em the post office and paying the secure postage fee just yet, for what is, largely a cosmetic annoyance atm (hasn't come free that much to affect fitting the earpiece in my ear)]

Mar 3, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #21 of 22
^
Happened to me too, I just glued it back with a little bit of superglue. It works wonders, but you are right, things like this shouldn't happen to a (MSRP) $400+ IEM
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
Happened to me too, I just glued it back with a little bit of superglue. It works wonders, but you are right, things like this shouldn't happen to a (MSRP) $400+ IEM
frown.gif

If I was out of warranty I'd definately do something like that but, as I'm not (have approx another 18 months or so left on it), I'm happy to wait til a more convenient time to ship em off and/or a more serious fault occurs
biggrin.gif
. Does applying stuff like superglue to an IEM mean it'd still qualify for repair/replacement if and when you needed to send it off or does this break the terms and conditions of the warranty agreement(you know the way you can't have modded hps replaced under warranty as you've tampered with it)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back