Black And Silver Shure SE530's - Do They Still Exist?
Mar 2, 2009 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

GabeJacobs

New Head-Fier
The Amazon seller I bought my Shure SE530's from told me that the headphones I bought were Black and Silver. If im not mistaken, all Shure SE530's bought today are a shiny copper color, like this:

68a68004ec6e881c4456b148f4607a40.png

If what the amazon seller says is true, and I receive the black and silver color Shure SE530's, am I receiving a really old version of the SE530's? Are these black and silver versions even made anymore? If they are black and silver, should I ask for a refund and try to get the shiny copper version?

If you are curious, the black and silver version looks like this:

61414a9aaf7e3d3a4a1926ff2fa8d18d.png

UPDATE: Yes, as I expected, the seller made a mistake, they are copper/gold. Thanks for the replies anyway

Thanks,
Gabe

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They were always bronze coloured.

^ What he said.

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 22
I was under the impression that so called "Black and silver" 530's are just myth; and it doesn't actually exist. I think the photos are just the brightness imbalance as pyp mentioned, unless there are prototypes of 500/530's of this colour or something. I can certainly be wrong on this, but I've personally have never seen or heard of any owners of the black/silver, only bronze.

Make sure he's not selling you a fake and whatnot. It's either that, or he is just basing the description off the pictures and have never actually seen one in person.

Mar 2, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 22
Got mine from Headroom a month ago and they are copper. When I spoke to Shure they said Black and Silver were never released.

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I spoke to Shure they said Black and Silver were never released.

Correct. There were suppose to be two different colors but they only made the copper colored ones available. Perhaps they will release another color when the sales start to fall off.

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 22
Hi, This is Sean from Shure.

Your responses are correct. We never released more than one color version of the 530. Some SE530 photographs make it look like they were 2 toned, but this was just a lighting issue. It is difficult to photograph the earphone in it's true color. The Highly reflective surface, combined with the curvature of the earphone body makes it appear differently depending on how the light hits it.

I hope this helps.

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #12 of 22
updated the post, the seller made a mistake, they are in fact copper color.

I think Shure should update their photographs with ones that show their true color. They are basically creating an illusion for their customers. i was under the impression that they were black and white until I saw pictures from customers who were doing reviews.

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #14 of 22
Once there in your ears you won't care what color they are. There just that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back