Bithead vs. Microstack questions
Apr 25, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #16 of 23
Speaking of new modules, Does anyone know if the Micro Line is going to get any refresh/update? I would guess that the whole line is being refreshed...more so becuase I hope it is. Im sure they sound great as they are, but it would be cool to get something brand new. Not that I'm complaining
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by blue4n3
Speaking of new modules, Does anyone know if the Micro Line is going to get any refresh/update?

One thing at a time, having all the modules redesigned for a better sound is like getting a new amp anyway (at least the part that matters). My Micro amp is already jealous.

I can't see them redesigning the casing any time soon because this is their corporate look for a while.

Apr 25, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #19 of 23
I'm the proud owner of the #10 '06 Micro amp (DM) .

I love that little powerhouse.

I've tried it with all of my headphones, 650,880,K240M,K240S and they all sound great but when I listened to my E4 is when I was truly impressed, the Micro brings my E4 to a new level that I didn't think was possible.

The crossfeed is freaking awesome with its bass boost...my E4 kick ass!

Apr 25, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #20 of 23
I'd like to see an "in amp" battery recharge ability and a bass boost switch. With that said its hard not to like the Micro for its warm signature and premium build quality.

Apr 25, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
I'd like to see an "in amp" battery recharge ability and a bass boost switch. With that said its hard not to like the Micro for its warm signature and premium build quality.

The ability to charge would be nice but I ain't complainin'
tongue.gif

I have 2 Energizer 9 V NiMH that I bought at half price just to try in the Micro...they lasted 3 hours the first time around. I may buy some good 9 V someday, but for now I just keep a couple alkalines handy to swap.

To my ears the crossfeed adds quite a bit of bass boost and I can't imagine any more bass being needed.

Apr 25, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #23 of 23
I liked the warm SQ when I had mine. Size and battery life were the turn offs for me but it's a great amp for transportable or desktop use and the crossfeed is second to none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back