Bit the Bullet: E-mu 0404 On Its Way
Aug 11, 2004 at 12:46 PM Post #16 of 20
Huh? On the Emu webpage, the analog inputs and output for the 0404 are clearly 1/4". Are you sure they are 1/8" (and you aren't looking at the digital jacks)? Well, even if they are 1/8" mono jacks, the Y-cable you linked won't work the way you want it to because it is just combining two stereo signals, not sending one signal to one channel and the other to the other. If you hooked that cable to the two mono sources, I think you would end up with both channels coming through on the same side... not very desirable for this purpose.

The actual Y-cable you need (accepting 1/8" stereo plug and fitting dual 1/4" mono jacks)... if some place like Radio Shack actually sells this that would be great. But so far, I've yet to hear of such a cable other than custom-made.

Aug 11, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rempert
Huh? On the Emu webpage, the analog inputs and output for the 0404 are clearly 1/4". Are you sure they are 1/8" (and you aren't looking at the digital jacks)? Well, even if they are 1/8" mono jacks, the Y-cable you linked won't work the way you want it to because it is just combining two stereo signals, not sending one signal to one channel and the other to the other. If you hooked that cable to the two mono sources, I think you would end up with both channels coming through on the same side... not very desirable for this purpose.

The actual Y-cable you need (accepting 1/8" stereo plug and fitting dual 1/4" mono jacks)... if some place like Radio Shack actually sells this that would be great. But so far, I've yet to hear of such a cable other than custom-made.

That's the last time I go by a scanned picture of the box...

Aug 12, 2004 at 3:39 AM Post #18 of 20
My Audigy2 is in my second PCI slot and my 1212M is in my third slot, where it enjoys its own IRQ. The I/O board is in the last PCI slot to keep as far away from noise as possible. Windows XP will NOT install the drivers automatically, but be sure to click cancel when the Add Hardware Wizard comes up. After that, easy as pie. AFAIK, all the EMU's have 1/4" Ins and Outs with the 1820 series having additional 1/8" outputs for "surround" systems, even though the drivers won't permit that kind of stuff yet.

Aug 12, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #20 of 20
Any time
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back