Binaural beats
Mar 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

darwinvsjesus

Head-Fier
Has anyone ever had any experience with this? Often it's got ambient music over it, but sometimes it's just whatever frequencies they use.

I was wondering if people can personally attest to this kind of thing having any actual affect on consciousness and also, what type of headphone might be  useful?

would sennheiser hd-25-ii i be okay?

[and yes, I am specifically curious about I-doser. I study the brain. I'm interested]

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #4 of 5
Well the way I see it, binaural beats aren't exactly proven or well researched. Even for just for improving relaxation/concentration. I doubt a virtual drug dealer is going to have it mastered to the point where they can simulate specific drugs, especially as large of a library of them as they have. If they just had like "upper" and "downer" and maybe one or two more it would be more believable, but as wide of a variety of them as they have all priced separately(iirc), it seems like it's more likely just a way to get people's money.

Might make for some good placebo though.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 5
Unfortunately I  never got much success with binaural beats.
Idoser is a bad joke, it's based on the open source app, sbagen.
Once the uncompiled dose were shared on the net, and you could just run them directly on sbagen.
I've learned the secret of  the 200$  "Gate of Hades" and "Hand  of God" :
Heavily clipped binaural beats to the point it's unbearable.

I  was always seeking music that could have some "healing properties",  or just any interesting effect  on the mind,
only to be disappointed later.

Thing I  hate with binaural beats:
- you must wear headphone .
- you are supposed to not apply any dsp such eq, or crossfeed
- it's often boring (30 min to bear the idose, seriously)

Recently, I've adopted the recording "beyond being" by "transparent corporation".
It's not completely boring, and my gullible mind is probably attracted by the title
such like:
Insight - Ideas - Premonitions
 Ancient - Shamanic - Primordial
- Spiritual - Paranormal - Out of Body
Also it's  great because you are not forced to wear headphone.

Otherwise I'm suspecting that listening gregorian chants, is great at soothing the mind, but you are probably not learning anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back