Bill banning iPods on New York City streets coming
Feb 8, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #16 of 39
This will never pass, but even if it did, then shouldn't we ban deaf people too?
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This will never pass, but even if it did, then shouldn't we ban deaf people too?
biggrin.gif

lol, I concur.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #19 of 39
who else saw the title and thought "Bill Gates is THAT powerful?"
confused.gif
lambda.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #20 of 39
"They" just want to take care of you, because you can't take care of yourself. It's not a conspiracy, it's a reality.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

What about blind people?! And people on wheelchairs! There's only one solution. Eliminate every United States handicapped citizen.

Feb 9, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #23 of 39
It's just further proof that the majority of New Yorkers vote for the kind of politicians they deserve..........and the proponent of this bill is only a state assemblyman. Oh, I guess many people are aware to the movement to ban the incandescent light bulb. Already done in Cal., and soon to go thru in N.J. for state offices (for a starter). It would seem that Social Security, Health Care, Sex Abusers, " War on Drugs" and similar issues have all been solved.......so the focus has come down to iPods, and light bulbs in the new transparent, "integrity-focused" legislatures.
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #24 of 39
I think one of Kruger's many problems is that he doesn't realize that the problem isn't NY-ers using electronic devices while crossing the streets — but rather the unique habit seen very frequently in NYC (only?):

NYC-ites can often be seen walking in one direction and looking in the opposite direction — often turning their head(s) 180 degrees!!! A weird local psychosis that's undoubtedly responsible for many injuries, and probably some deaths.

You have to see this unique NYC quirk to believe it. Next time "you" are in NYC -- especially midtown Manhattan -- keep this in mind and you'll see it all around.

It's also very important to be vigilant in this regard, for one's own personal safety and avoidance of angry confrontations when those idiots inevitably crash into you and "attack" you for bumping them and/or getting into their space! (…voiceover, Dustin Hoffman/Ratso Rizzo: I'm walking here! I'm walking here!)

Addendum: It also appears as though a lot of NY-ers are suicidal, evidenced by the huge numbers of them who routinely dive into traffic against (pedestrian) red lights, either "to save time" or simply because they feel they're entitled to. Seems to happen more at night. Again, you have to see this to believe it.

Kinda like lemmings. "Red light! Must run now! I can make it before that semi-tractor-trailer loaded with steel girders, barreling towards the corner, driven by that cross-country trucker on speed at the end of his 18-hour drive, completes his turn into the intersection. Gotta make my train!"

Feb 9, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #25 of 39
Perhaps they should just make the motorists wear ipods to balance out the blame
rs1smile.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps they should just make the motorists wear ipods to balance out the blame
rs1smile.gif

Not to worry -- they already do … plus cell phones … and lots of women (maybe men, too??) work on their makeup while chatting on-phone and/or listening to DAP music/radio/podcasts … video?!

I thought the sense of immortality generally ends around age 25 – but apparently not in the case of US drivers and NYC pedestrians.

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think one of Kruger's many problems is that he doesn't realize that the problem isn't NY-ers using electronic devices while crossing the streets — but rather the unique habit seen very frequently in NYC (only?):

NYC-ites can often be seen walking in one direction and looking in the opposite direction — often turning their head(s) 180 degrees!!! A weird local psychosis that's undoubtedly responsible for many injuries, and probably some deaths.

You have to see this unique NYC quirk to believe it. Next time "you" are in NYC -- especially midtown Manhattan -- keep this in mind and you'll see it all around.

It's also very important to be vigilant in this regard, for one's own personal safety and avoidance of angry confrontations when those idiots inevitably crash into you and "attack" you for bumping them and/or getting into their space! (…voiceover, Dustin Hoffman/Ratso Rizzo: I'm walking here! I'm walking here!)

Addendum: It also appears as though a lot of NY-ers are suicidal, evidenced by the huge numbers of them who routinely dive into traffic against (pedestrian) red lights, either "to save time" or simply because they feel they're entitled to. Seems to happen more at night. Again, you have to see this to believe it.

Kinda like lemmings. "Red light! Must run now! I can make it before that semi-tractor-trailer loaded with steel girders, barreling towards the corner, driven by that cross-country trucker on speed at the end of his 18-hour drive, completes his turn into the intersection. Gotta make my train!"

People get so close to fast moving cars they're practically hovering off balance lilting over the top of the car. Sometimes I tap the brakes, just to see if someone actually loses their balance, tips over, and hits the car. So what's hearing got to do with it?

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #29 of 39
this is better for the drivers in the long run..

Man runs over someone and says the person just ran out in front of the car..

Police check the killed person and see he has an Ipod..

Man that was driving the car gets off Scott free from any charges..

As a person driving I hate when people run out in front of my car cause they don't see me or hear me..What? if I hit them I am in jail..so good I support the ban, might save people that drive some trouble in the end if the moron was wearing a ipod (person ran over).

its about time someone has the balls to make a bill like this, though I doubt it will get passed..

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is better for the drivers in the long run..

Man runs over someone and says the person just ran out in front of the car..

Police check the killed person and see he has an Ipod..

Man that was driving the car gets off Scott free from any charges..

As a person driving I hate when people run out in front of my car cause they don't see me or hear me..What? if I hit them I am in jail..so good I support the ban, might save people that drive some trouble in the end if the moron was wearing a ipod (person ran over).

its about time someone has the balls to make a bill like this, though I doubt it will get passed..

eeh sorry, if you kill a pedestrian or jay-walker while driving chances are good you are still in jail, even if they were breaking the proposed laws.
the people who benefit here are insurance companies.
they dont care if you are in jail or not, so long as they dont have to cough up a dime. they EASILY and regularly get out of payments to people who were breaking the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back