Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how's this?
1117.jpg

eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Well done! Exactly what I had in mind.
cool.gif

The pucks I don't care about unless your bike was dragging hard parts and you needed to keep it more upright.

Jun 12, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #78 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well done! Exactly what I had in mind.
cool.gif

The pucks I don't care about unless your bike was dragging hard parts and you needed to keep it more upright.

it was actually my very first trackday, I keep progressing quicker and quicker through the day and soon I was scraping the peg feelers. I started to hang off the bike and it felt a lot safer hearing plastic scrape instead of steel
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #79 of 90
I adore my R6. First bike I owned and she has been good to me.

Palomar Mountain, CA <-- Google Earth this... it is pretty gnarly
4kocgg1.jpg

Willows Springs International Raceway.... goofing off with one of my buddies
5ybxykn.jpg

Jun 12, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #80 of 90
Oh and while we're at it I figure I'd throw my girlfriend up here. She can give most people a run for their money.... including me ... well sometimes
smily_headphones1.gif
I think this was her second or third trackday... now she has about 12 under her belt. This pic was taken at Button Willow Raceway in Buttonwillow, CA.. She rides a 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i.

6gv6vll.jpg

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #83 of 90
The VRod is Harleys HORRIBLE attempt at trying to make guys on cruisers hang with guys on sportbikes. Don't get me wrong, for a cruiser it looks sweet, but as anything else, it's a piece...You don't take a a Cadillac and try to compete against Bugatti's and Ferraris, it just doesn't work. I won't even give you a thumbs up for trying.

I ride a "sportbike", and I have love for all motorcycles, but HD's are by far my least favorite brand of bikes. Why? Because thier Buell line is an absolute INSULT to american motorcycles. Yeah, it won stunt bike of the year many times over, but as anything else, it's bunk. They use a 8324675987346597 year old motor for christs sake. I can understand "don't fix it if it ain't broke", but you also gotta know when to step it up and DESIGN NEW THINGS, rather than just plop "old stuff into new stuff and hope it works." Thier bikes can't even FINISH, not win or place, but JUST COMPLETE a race. The bikes die before they even get to the finish line.....horrible...just horrible.

Jun 14, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #84 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The VRod is Harleys HORRIBLE attempt at trying to make guys on cruisers hang with guys on sportbikes. Don't get me wrong, for a cruiser it looks sweet, but as anything else, it's a piece...You don't take a a Cadillac and try to compete against Bugatti's and Ferraris, it just doesn't work. I won't even give you a thumbs up for trying.

I ride a "sportbike", and I have love for all motorcycles, but HD's are by far my least favorite brand of bikes. Why? Because thier Buell line is an absolute INSULT to american motorcycles. Yeah, it won stunt bike of the year many times over, but as anything else, it's bunk. They use a 8324675987346597 year old motor for christs sake. I can understand "don't fix it if it ain't broke", but you also gotta know when to step it up and DESIGN NEW THINGS, rather than just plop "old stuff into new stuff and hope it works." Thier bikes can't even FINISH, not win or place, but JUST COMPLETE a race. The bikes die before they even get to the finish line.....horrible...just horrible.

Or if you look at it another way, the vrod is a AWESOME bike if you want to own a harley but don't want a 8324675987346597 year old motor in it. The buells have some great innovations going with them but are held back by that lump of an engine. Honestly if someone shoehorned a tl-1000 engine into there I would snap it up.

Jun 14, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #85 of 90
You know I have no hate on the Buell. My girlfriend has ridden them many times at demo days and she says that even next to the likes of Aprilia she prefers the feel of the Buell. She said it simply steers in a very controlled manner. I trusted her opinion one because she is an excellent rider and two because she did not have any knowledge of the Buell prior to riding it. That is she was not aware of all of the marketing hype they put into the low weight distribution etc. Definitely not the fastest bike out there... but honestly, your average rider rarely taps above 50% of any bike's capability.

Jun 14, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #86 of 90
I can tell you, the "controlled" steering is from the gryoscopic effects of that massive front rotor. Push that thing any kind of hard in any kind of twisties, and it gets hard to throw from side to side.

That Buel motor sucks, and if it did have a TL motor, it wouldn't be so bad. But it's a shame a 1200 Twin can't even keep up with 600's...that's a damn shame.

I know I'm not anywhere near 50% of my bikes capability, but I can tell you I'm more than 50% of any Buells capability....

PNE, good call at looking at it the other way...never thought about it that way, kudos....

Jun 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #87 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can tell you, the "controlled" steering is from the gryoscopic effects of that massive front rotor. Push that thing any kind of hard in any kind of twisties, and it gets hard to throw from side to side.

That Buel motor sucks, and if it did have a TL motor, it wouldn't be so bad. But it's a shame a 1200 Twin can't even keep up with 600's...that's a damn shame.

I know I'm not anywhere near 50% of my bikes capability, but I can tell you I'm more than 50% of any Buells capability....

PNE, good call at looking at it the other way...never thought about it that way, kudos....

She actually made this comment right after coming off of the Classic Course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Pictures to the west of the west of the main speedway click here But again I'm speaking vicariously. To each his own. I deifnitely would not want to try and work on one. I get ticked enough just trying to remove the fairings on a Honda 600rr. Honestly! Who puts a tool kit in a location where you need a tool to access it!?
smily_headphones1.gif

TLR's are fun bikes... but man they are pigs. I borrowed one of those from my buddy and I was dead tired after wrestling that thing around all day. That is a bike you have to be abrasive about your steering inputs with... Well at least compare to a 600 cc bike
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #88 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by TreAdidas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She actually made this comment right after coming off of the Classic Course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Pictures to the west of the west of the main speedway click here But again I'm speaking vicariously. To each his own. I deifnitely would not want to try and work on one. I get ticked enough just trying to remove the fairings on a Honda 600rr. Honestly! Who puts a tool kit in a location where you need a tool to access it!?
smily_headphones1.gif

TLR's are fun bikes... but man they are pigs. I borrowed one of those from my buddy and I was dead tired after wrestling that thing around all day. That is a bike you have to be abrasive about your steering inputs with... Well at least compare to a 600 cc bike
smily_headphones1.gif

bad chassis but lovely engines on the tl's. they really should have kept the engine and carried them over to the sv1000's. But the buell has some good things going for it like belt drive (no adjustments and lasts the life of the bike)
and fuel tank in a hollow frame. They don't sell well because there are hardly any dealers that take them seriously, usually it is one or two buell bikes in a sea of harleys. I was about to go in and demo a buell but decided against it because I realized I would just be led on a slow parade around town following 10 harleys.

Jun 15, 2007 at 8:47 AM Post #89 of 90
Cushman%2BEagle%2Bgo%2Bgo%2Bgo%2Bad.jpg

I couldn't find a pic of my grandfather's restored Cushman Eagle, so this brochure will have to do. I think it's the coolest scooter ever.

Jun 15, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #90 of 90
I test rode both the XB9 and the XB12...years ago, on the debut of the XB9, I almost bought one. I was literally seconds away from signing the papers. But I forgot my license. I literally lived 5 minutes from the Harley dealer. After I left to go get my license, I didn't have the urge to go back....and never bought one. 2 days later, I bought a Champions Edition R6. My buddy bought an XB9, and I whooped his ass in every aspect except off the line TQ, and power wheelies....but big deal. That bike was bunk. We switched bikes, and he completely owned me. Granted he was a better rider, but still I got WORKED. We were riding at the local track, Jennings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back