Bigsby’s top cans for 2013: ep1 Soundmagic HP100- The Beyer Slayer, The Mid Monster, The Detail Demon.
Mar 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #46 of 94
Thanks for the suggestions guys on where to get a pair but I found a retailer in Honk Kong that sold me them for $215 USD shipped to here in Canada! I'm cheap(kinda have to be in my line of work!) and these guys were willing to make me a deal as many places are asking a but more shipped. Funny thing is I find I get stuff from the East faster than the US for some strange reason.
I cannot wait to get these. The best I have are my M80 and Klipsch X5(both good yet very different). I'm kinda hoping for some of the clean detail of the X5 and fun bass of the M80 combined and after reading on all the headphones around this price these sound most promising. The K550 sounded tempting but it seams they have serious fit issues that will kill the bass and I like bass. I would like to hear from someone whos heard these and the Momentums because they get pretty good reviews but are more pricey.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #50 of 94
For any Canadians reading this, I found another seller on Amazon called SoundShine that will indeed ship to Canada.  They are shipped from Hong Kong, but their price is only $197.49 and that includes shipping.  I don't think you will find a cheaper price shipped to Canada anywhere else.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #53 of 94
Quote:
What's so overkill pairing $200 cans with $170 dac amp?

I wasn't trying to imply that they wouldn't benefit from a more expensive setup, I was just asking if the improvement in sound would be worth the extra cash over say, a FiiO portable amp/dac when accounting for diminishing returns.

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #57 of 94
hahaha yeah, i almost make myself cringe, but they honestly IMO are just so good. THeres something out there for everyone, we all have different ears and different tastes- we all by now understand that. To me, these headphones are just incredible in both performance and value.

These and to a similar but slightly lesser extend, the FA011, are two headphones ill likely soon buy another set of to keep mint in the cupboard just in case something happens to mine and theres some kind of bad revision in the meanwhile. I have LOADS of headphones, but the HP100's get all the airtime.

Mar 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #58 of 94
Quote:
Fantastic headphones.  I had issues with ear-driver contact, though.  I would have kept them if it weren't for that issue.  My A900Xs may have a slightly wonkier fit, but at least my ears don't touch the drivers.

Quote:
Big ears beware: You will touch the inside of the earcup, if thats bothering you avoid the HP100.

So the above two quotes taken together seem to indicate that these are somewhat shallow and small in circumference?  Anybody else having issues with the comfort of these headphones?  Are there any alternate ear pads to raise them off the ears available?

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #60 of 94
i would also love to hear them, but i dont want to wait months to even get the chance. if noone can get their hands on the hp300's, i will be forced to make a decision between the hp100's and the mad dog headphones, and im afraid the mad dog headphones will win. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back